Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to put a 23" wheel and new fender on in the bike by next summer. I have a 21" on the bike now but with the Holidays coming up I am going to do some upgrades, Chrome lowers, Cow bells and some Progressive Mono tubes<<<NEED THIS NOW. Question is has anybody put the Raked Trees on their bike with a 21" wheel? Any problems? Any positive input?
Thanks Mike

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Seems like a 23" tree with a 21" will throw off your bike. I'd do the trees when I do the 23". People ask this all the time and my answer is why would you do that?

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
For what it's worth. Here is what Jevon from Pickard says:

"you can use our 6 deg trees for a 21 or 23. On a 21, it will have a better trail number compared to stock trees and a 21... It will move the axle forward close to 2" compared to stock"

·
Registered
89 Posts
I too have strongly consider this approach, I want the longer stretched out look plus feel it would give me a longer overall wheelbase making the chance of lift less possible as my riding style seems to become more aggressive.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
How you gonna lift and 800 lb bike? Dunno, but putting a tree designed for a bigger wheel with a wheel smaller than it was designed for makes no sense to me. I'm all for selling parts as it is what I do for a living but this makes absolutely no sense.

Drew

1 - 8 of 8 Posts