Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the 7.25 rokkers and the 250 watt amp. i installed everything the way it came. what are the settings for the amp that most are using?

·
Registered
101 Posts
They don't want you to touch the settings. I was told by John from J&M, if you remove the tape covering the screws to adjust it, it will void the warranty. My tape is gone.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have the same system (J&M 250 w/ 7.25's). I didnt need to amp-adjust mine as the bass didnt distort at all at max setting. In theory i shouldnt blow a speaker but time will tell.

·
Registered
16 Posts
J&M 250 watt amp is going into protect ?

Just installed 250 watt amp and rokker 7.25 speakers and amp is shutting down when I turn radio volume up about a third the way there is no info about the amp other than install instructions. I've double checked my work looks right:(
There is a two position switch that says preamp or speakers it was set to speakers from the factory. It being Saturday I can't call J&M. Its powers up just fine but when i bring the volume up to a point (not very loud) its just like you hit a mute button the fan on the amp comes on. Its like its going into protect or something. anybody ever have this sort of problem?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts