Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2012 planned on doing a 26" build well rod bearing in lower end going bad lead to 124" build. Fast forward 7 months and still can't get rid of 26" wheel itch so here goes nothing. Except $$. First off I finally got a chance to ride a RG WITH A 26" in Jan. I might not be here if I never got on it.

Parts in hand ..................................&....................................Parts still needed

HHI 9 degree trees.............................................................
AF Kustoms inner fairing brace..............................................
Yaffe stretched 6 gallon tank................................................
Sinister wrapped 26" fender .................................................
Rear stock wheel..................................................... 26" Thomason Performance wheel (eta 5/18)
Misfit Baggers 9 degree neck block................................
Precision Billet Bad Axe floorboards.......................Chin spoiler (camtech bigmouth R trask perform)
PM shifter
PM brake
Pickard stretched side covers
Sinister bags & fender
Cycle sound quad lids
Arlen Ness Grips
Carl Brouhard Elite Chrome footpegs
Precision Billet Bad Axe Saddlebag latch covers
HHI 6 piston Chrome Caliper
Danny Grey 2 XL Seat with ostrich trim
Fender spacers

Bike has been torn down for a couple of weeks. I will be putting on the rear wheel today and getting bike loaded up to go in for SURGERY she is getting her NECK CUT Friday. Will go to paint after surgery is completed! I Have got the paint options narrowed down to 2 with the help of GONE BLACK & HD POP.

I will get some pics posted up before I go back to work Friday night.

Stay tuned. ;)

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
E, somebody let the cat outta the bag :eek: LOL is it Friday yet :confused:

By the way, go with the CamTech chin spoiler ;) LMAO
I hear you GB, I like the CamTech the most just trying to work out the numbers on one.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Working nights so Monday night was my Friday. Loaded up bike before going to work Monday night so when I got off at 3:30am just back up, hook up and burn off. Like I said before velocity motorsportz in Tomball approached me 18 months ago about doing my bike for 1 of there signature bikes for the shop. I was reluctant because most I had seen either sell them in 6 months and I was unsure on how they rode. So getting transferred 3.5 hours away solved that, wrong! It works out fiancé, & mother only 30 minutes from his shop so able to kill a couple of birds with one stone. So bottom line dropped bike off yesterday will roll by there later today to get update on progress as well as pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another pic left at shop

Attachments

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looking forward to this build too. That 26" itch sucks, it whispers in your ear at night. Are you still on schedule for your front wheel?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
May actually be EARLY on the wheel waiting to hear back on that. Otherwise looking at 17-20th.. Believe me as soon as I get some notice on it being ready or shipping I will post it up :D :D

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Working nights so Monday night was my Friday. Loaded up bike before going to work Monday night so when I got off at 3:30am just back up, hook up and burn off. Like I said before velocity motorsportz in Tomball approached me 18 months ago about doing my bike for 1 of there signature bikes for the shop. I was reluctant because most I had seen either sell them in 6 months and I was unsure on how they rode. So getting transferred 3.5 hours away solved that, wrong! It works out fiancé, & mother only 30 minutes from his shop so able to kill a couple of birds with one stone. So bottom line dropped bike off yesterday will roll by there later today to get update on progress as well as pics.
Looking forward to this thread. I'm sick of looking at that black bike with green stripes. Someone else needs to take over. :D. Good luck with this build can't wait to see it.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Looking forward to this thread. I'm sick of looking at that black bike with green stripes. Someone else needs to take over. :D. Good luck with this build can't wait to see it.
+1 Lax that bike is on every thread. Its like a virus and its spreading just ask Dmize ;)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
+1 Lax that bike is on every thread. Its like a virus and its spreading just ask Dmize ;)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Too funny.... Update surgery went well shop said they worked late last night on her. Working today and tomorrow on fairing mount.
Couple of pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hung out a couple of hours at the shop and how she look when I took off.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Bout time you did a build thead. Waitin to see how this sucker turns out:D
Double R, sorry it took me so long. Hopefully this show will get going to a happy ending pretty quickly.

Which one of the wheels did you go with, or did you go with a one off?
Evolution from Thomason Performance.
Here is a sweet wheel that I wish I would have stumbled across sooner.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update picked bike up Friday afternoon, neck cut & rake went good no problems.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pic with stretched tank on, no clearance issues.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Waiting to go to paint all parts loaded up and ready to go. Painter delayed until next week so no drop off until then. Wheel supposed to be here between 15-17th so much for getting it early :eek:. Installed PM shifter & brake, along with left side floorboard what you think? Thx Reficul

Attachments

1 - 20 of 255 Posts