Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started Tampa Florida using "scenic route" on the GPS to Ashville NC jumped on the Blue Ridge parkway to Boone NC, then thru WVA to Grove City PA returned via WVA thru Gatlinburg TN via 441 south thru Cherokee and Franklin TN into Georgia. 2900 miles all together with less than 100 on major interstates, what a great trip and a great Motorcycle........ Wish I could leave tomorrow to do it again.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Sounds like a great ride you're making me jealous. Damn work keeps getting in the way

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll tell you 2 things..... 1) life is too short you gotta make time 2) The "Scenic Route" on the new GPS Really Really Really means Scenic (I love it). I swore I was lost several times. One of those is when I went through Bat Cave NC....... It's not about the destination, It's about the journey.....

·
Registered
816 Posts
Damn work keeps getting in the way
36 minutes Bob. 36 minutes. :grin:

I haven't pulled a long ride since 2008, Maine to Virginia Beach and back the long way around ( Skyline Drive, 2 swipes thru Amish Country, Delmarva)
Done some 1000- 1100 mile, long weekends a few times, but no 2000-3000 milers since. Best trip I ever took. Only thing we had to think about was get gas, get lunch, where are we sleeping tonight, and do they have beer? Everything else was off the cuff. No plan, no direction, no destination, no interstates.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts