Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the untimate setup for 2up 75 percent of the time?
I ride a 2011 RGC and was wondering if money wasn't an issue what would be the best setup for 2up at about 400lbs of weight.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I have the Arnott air ride. Me and the girlfriend logged 1000 miles last weekend with no complaints. I'm fat, she's not.....

·
Registered
233 Posts
im in the same boat, wanta better ride. i weigh 155,wife 145. so these stock shocks are to stiff. are the legends that much better than arnotts?

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
I use Arnotts they work good. Legends are twice the price. Air ride is the way to go cause its adjustable

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I use Arnotts they work good. Legends are twice the price. Air ride is the way to go cause its adjustable
Does the legends have more adjustability though? I'm considering an air ride depending on cost, and I know it won't ride as good as what I have now, but hope it would ridfe better than the "premium adjustable hand shocks that were on my old CVO RGC......

Do you have the 12" or 13" Arnott System?

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Does the legends have more adjustability though? I'm considering an air ride depending on cost, and I know it won't ride as good as what I have now, but hope it would ridfe better than the "premium adjustable hand shocks that were on my old CVO RGC......

Do you have the 12" or 13" Arnott System?
I have the 12" Bilstiens which are pretty good. They also have the Arnott Aldans which are more adjustable, Tracy runs those. I have legends air on my chopper which works well, same adjustability more or less air. Just pricey. Yaffe sells platinum air ride which is supposed to have more adjustability because you can put air on top of your shock piston so you can adjust dampening and rebound that way, still big money though.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I have RGC also. Just added the JRi rear shocks. Big improvement. I weigh 235 the little lady 170. Call howard at motorcycle metal. he will work u a deal.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just moved from a heritage softail to a road glide custom. I'm 180 and the wife(don't tell her I said this) is 130. 45lbs in the stock shocks is a dream compared to what we are used to. Can only imagine what the aftermarket is like.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts