Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the 3.5mm jack on the front of my HK stereo has gone bad. I'm thinking of replacing the head unit to something bluetooth and was wondering if the Jensen HD1BT is the hands down obvious choice or is there another model that gives similar features.

I'm looking for:
Handlebar control compatibility
Bluetooth
Waterproof
Good power
I have a black denim w/ red stripes so the red face is nice

Wade

·
Registered
632 Posts
I have been thinking of renewing the sony to a Bluetooth version as well. Red or blue face illumination. I've been using the biketronics. Together they may equal the Jensen price. Good luck

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
82 Posts
So the 3.5mm jack on the front of my HK stereo has gone bad. I'm thinking of replacing the head unit to something bluetooth and was wondering if the Jensen HD1BT is the hands down obvious choice or is there another model that gives similar features.

I'm looking for:
Handlebar control compatibility
Bluetooth
Waterproof
Good power
I have a black denim w/ red stripes so the red face is nice

Wade
That boat anchor should be your last choice....

Schoshe and Metra both make kits that will allow you to install anything.

If you're going to end up with an Asian unit...pay Asian prices.
Jensen is screwing you just because the bolt hols line up.

They claim "designed for harley" but didn't add AVC....???

Do some research.
Sony and Kenwood have good options for you.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I have an Alpine cde149bt. It has all of those features plus pandora and satellite radio.

It also has a nifty tuning App. You can hook a usb cable up to it and adjust eq, fade, balance, and almost everything you can think of.

Blue face, not sure if you can change it.

Love it!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
If the jack in the head unit is cutting in/out you just have a pin that broke loose from the board. If you pull the face plate off you can re solder the pin to the board and all is good again. If the jack is bad which doesn't happen often you can replace the jack.
This is not a hard job to do and it will save you a lot of money unless you want to go with another head unit anyways and this is just a good excuse.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
If the jack in the head unit is cutting in/out you just have a pin that broke loose from the board. If you pull the face plate off you can re solder the pin to the board and all is good again. If the jack is bad which doesn't happen often you can replace the jack.
This is not a hard job to do and it will save you a lot of money unless you want to go with another head unit anyways and this is just a good excuse.

+1.... and also try a different cord. I had a cord go bad last summer.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found this on Alpines web site:
Quad-Illumination

Add a cleaner look to your dash. Enjoy a well-integrated look to your dash by match the illuminated buttons on the radio to your dashboard. The CDE-HD149BT offers four different base colors to choose from: blue, red, green and amber.

I have an Alpine cde149bt. It has all of those features plus pandora and satellite radio.

It also has a nifty tuning App. You can hook a usb cable up to it and adjust eq, fade, balance, and almost everything you can think of.

Love it!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But I saw nothing about it being waterproof or weather resistant.

Love it!

·
Registered
454 Posts
My radio went bad last year and was replaced under warranty. If they hadn't replaced it I would have gone with a different brand. After all the radio was probably built by the lowest bidder for the MOCO.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts