Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can buy 3 ohm speakers cheap through work... System says 2 ohm??? How is this going to perform anyone know??

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
You'll be ok, no chance in harming the amp, you won't get 100% power from the amp, in theory about 75%. I'm curious, what 3ohm speakers are you getting?

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
264 Posts
was looking at power bass.... but i found ones with 2 ohm so i think ill go that route
Good set of two ohm speakers also from Infinity and Polk audio. Plus, the polks are marine rated. Or, you can get motorcycle specific ones but they will cost double of the infinity and polks.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I can buy 3 ohm speakers cheap through work... System says 2 ohm??? How is this going to perform anyone know??
If these happen to be the Infinity Primus PR6502is Stay away. They dont handle power very well @ 140 watts peak and 60 rms. I had a buddy put these in his pods with a 100 watt precision amp and in two days they were blown. But to answer your question If you have an amp that is 2 and 4 ohm compatible ( Like the PBR300x2) rated at 100 watts a 3 ohm speaker will perform flawlessly. Just ask the guys who have the 2.7 Ohm Polk MM651's on their bikes. Sounds insane! Just know that all 3 ohm speakers are not created equal. Go with the Polks mentioned or the Infinity 62.11i on a bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts