Road Glide banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting some 3 way speakers for the fairing of my 15 RGS. I figure these would be best to get some bass since I am not going to be doing saddle bag speakers in the near future if ever. Question is has anyone installed 3 way speakers in their fairing that they really liked? I am not looking at taking a loan out to buy a couple speakers. Just something that sounds good and fits without modifying the enclosure. Also what is the max mounting depth that I should be looking at so as not to have to do any cutting. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow. Guess that no one is running 3-way speakers in their fairing. Guess I will be pioneering this effort.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hertz audio HCX 165 2 way but has great mid bass and highs
Thanks dbizzle. Was looking at 3-way, but I imagine that there are some good 2-way out there with a good bass response. I just know that these stock speakers are crap for bass. I don't want to be thump thump thumping down the road, but need some good bass for a balanced sound.

·
Premium Member
6,810 Posts
Swomak
Are those speakers water proof or do you know how they will hold up in the rain

Also will they mount in the 15 roadglide fairing with out modifying

Thanks
These speakers are not marine speakers but the stock HD speakers are not marine speakers as well. These speakers don't have any paper elements so they should hold up fine. I had these same speakers on my other bike that I put 92,000 miles on and the speakers still worked and sounded great. When I wash my bike I just cover up the grills and I haven't had any issues what so ever.
Swomack

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have JBL 2 ohm 3 way loudspeakers and they kick ass.
Here they are.
Swomack

Those are the speakers that I just ordered Swomack. Should have them this week and hope I am as happy with them as you are.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got up this morning and installed the speakers installed. Like swomack said it is a straight forward installation, no mods necessary. They do sound good but you definitely need more volume than you did with the stock speakers. Using my Bluetooth with my iphone 6 I had the volume cranked at about 55mph and it was about right whereas with the old speakers I was about 3/4. On FM used a little over half volume, with the old speakers just under half was good. So once I decide to add an amp I think that these speakers will be a great addition.

·
Premium Member
6,810 Posts
Got up this morning and installed the speakers installed. Like swomack said it is a straight forward installation, no mods necessary. They do sound good but you definitely need more volume than you did with the stock speakers. Using my Bluetooth with my iphone 6 I had the volume cranked at about 55mph and it was about right whereas with the old speakers I was about 3/4. On FM used a little over half volume, with the old speakers just under half was good. So once I decide to add an amp I think that these speakers will be a great addition.
I also use an I-Phone and there are apps out their for better sound and higher gains to help with the overall volume. Like I had stated before these speakers sound way better then stock, and if you add an amp I know these speakers will really come alive even just that much more.
Swomack

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I've got the same JBL speakers. They are the first thing I did to my '15 RGS after I brought it home.

They are good with the stock HU, but I think that an amp will really kick things up.

That's next on my list.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.