Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Shark of the Month September 13
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, comments welcome. Experience preferred.

I've decide against a cam change by Tman and will do a rear pulley change and cheat with mathematics.

30T off a TriGlide on the stock 68T rear wheel pulley. StCharlesHarleyDavidson.com has all 1" Gates belts...

What # tooth belt required to keep proper tension/adjustment?

I want to ensure my guy @ Ray Price performance is spot on.

Yes, I will adjust 6th light and speedo with my TTS. No cruise.

Tks much,
Josh

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hi all, comments welcome. Experience preferred.

I've decide against a cam change by Tman and will do a rear pulley change and cheat with mathematics.

30T off a TriGlide on the stock 68T rear wheel pulley. StCharlesHarleyDavidson.com has all 1" Gates belts...

What # tooth belt required to keep proper tension/adjustment?

I want to ensure my guy @ Ray Price performance is spot on.

Yes, I will adjust 6th light and speedo with my TTS. No cruise.

Tks much,
Josh

As per Baker Driveline, using a 30/68 combination you would use a 139 tooth belt.

http://bakerdrivetrain.com/cruise-drive-pulleys

EVO Industries has a 49 tooth clutch hub and Primary chain which would also do the same for changing your ratio. Page #11 >> http://evolution-industries.com/pdfiles/evo-motorcycle.pdf

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Make sure that you use a GATES POLYCHAIN belt. Stay away from the FALCON belts. They are much better. And yes, a 139 belt is correct.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Are you looking for more power or more top end? If you want more top end and better fuel economy you can use a 66 tooth rear pulley from the 08 touring models. The 08 and later touring models have the rear wheel compensator.
The OEM front pulley is a 32 tooth pulley so going smaller will give you more power but you will lose top end, a drop of 2 teeth on the front may be to low and it will increase your cruise rpm considerably.

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks all. i've read about the falcons and will stay OEM (pulley and belt).

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
You have to use an aftermarket belt if your using 30T pulley and 139 belt. Harley doesn't make a belt with 139 t for your 13 Fltrx.

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gates manufacturers all HD belts, yes?
What about the Gates PC-139-1? With the TG 30T pulley.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I was going to go this route but then I blew up my stock transmission.

I've now got a Baker DD7 in there and my god, I am happy with the gearing.

Plus I can still run up and down the highway at 90mph without breaking a sweat.

Not sure if you've ever even considered the swap but it solves the gearing issues, and you're already tearing into the bike pretty far. Transmission comes out with a couple more tools....

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can use the stock belt. Which is a better longer lasting belt than you can buy in the aftermarket . You just need to elongate the axle slot on the swing arm by .250. Did mine with a carbide bur on a die grinder. It's well worth the gearing change. I would not go back!

·
Registered
333 Posts
I just gathered up all the parts needed for this mod. Next rainy day I'll do the install.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
WHAMMO. Buddy of mine just snapped his first belt last night. 30 tooth conversion on an 09 with 113" .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts