Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Its printed with a Nylon 12 material that is able to withstand the heat no problem. Its white out of the printer. This one I painted. but the possibility's are endless.

·
Registered
365 Posts
You could now make a cast to make them out of aluminum hint hint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
This is a Shark timing cover I made on a 3D printer.

That's really cool. The 3D printer blows my mind. I'd love to see it in action.

·
Super Moderator
12,314 Posts
Nice, I like it, if you do decide to start production I might be interested also.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Dont tell us that jcapper is going to do a hit and run on us.

"Hey guys look what I did on my 3D printer....................."

Poof. Dissapear. LOL

Looks really cool though, as others have said I'm +1 interested.

Mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No hit and run. I'm glad you all like it. I've looked at casting them but the cost is high. To print them from metal like Stainless Steel or Aluminum I'm looking at $250 bucks just in material. The nylon 12 seems to be the best option to produce them. That way everyone can customize it as they like. This is what they look like out of the Printer.

Attachments

·
Registered
684 Posts
Dude, that is badass! I guess I'll ask the 2 questions everyone else wants to know...

1.You said that the plastic you used isnt affected by the heat... Are you sure?(not being a smart ass just genuinely interested).

2. Wait for it............ How much is one of those bad larry's going to cost?

I have a very close friend who is a bike painter who could jazz that up like nobodys business...

Thanks in advance,

Mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The material is a Nylon 12 will not burn until 650F I've had the cover on my bike for over a year along with other 3D printed parts with no problem not even discoloring. This is printed on a industrial Selective Laser Sintering machine not a table top FDM Filament printer. Email [email protected] for info.

Properties
multipurpose material
balanced property profile
high strength and stiffness
good chemical resistance
excellent long-term constant behavior
high selectivity and detail resolution
various finishing possibilities (e.g. metallisation, stove enameling, vibratory grinding, tub coloring, bonding, powder coating, flocking)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts