Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just as the title says.

3K miles of both Highway and some of the most fantastic twisties and sweeper's the State's of TN, NC and VA has to offer in just 1 week.

I hit every type of weather from COLD, to WARMTH to Serious Headwinds and Crosswinds, Wet roads, Fog and all I can say is WOW.

850 miles strait from CT to TN the Glide was on the top of her game. 80mph at times with not even a hicup. Throttle response was fantastic, 6 gear was flawless and at 75mph and 2800RPM's she just purred.

1100 Miles of fantastic twisties on the Dragon, Snake, Devils Triagle, Devils Whip, Sweepers of the BRP, Cherohalla, Rt 441 through Cherokee NC, Rt 321. The Glide road like a 900lb sport bike (sorry stole that from a forum members post). Heck I even have a few burrs to file off the floorboards. She pulled the inclines, and rolled into the twists with ease, never felt like I muscled her or questioned her ability to lean.

600 Miles from VA to CT with some of the hardest headwinds and crosswinds to deal with through PA. The Glide while was rock steady in strong headwinds and while "moved" with the crosswinds held it's own like no other Harley I have ever owned.

What a vacation! Now to consider my next trip.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yawl turned in fronta us at the DollyWood light on morning , you was tailgunnin'

Thats my favorite place tailing! I get to see everything and just sit back in my zone. If i'm not leadin i'm tailin.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just as the title says.

3K miles of both Highway and some of the most fantastic twisties and sweeper's the State's of TN, NC and VA has to offer in just 1 week.

I hit every type of weather from COLD, to WARMTH to Serious Headwinds and Crosswinds, Wet roads, Fog and all I can say is WOW.

850 miles strait from CT to TN the Glide was on the top of her game. 80mph at times with not even a hicup. Throttle response was fantastic, 6 gear was flawless and at 75mph and 2800RPM's she just purred.

1100 Miles of fantastic twisties on the Dragon, Snake, Devils Triagle, Devils Whip, Sweepers of the BRP, Cherohalla, Rt 441 through Cherokee NC, Rt 321. The Glide road like a 900lb sport bike (sorry stole that from a forum members post). Heck I even have a few burrs to file off the floorboards. She pulled the inclines, and rolled into the twists with ease, never felt like I muscled her or questioned her ability to lean.

600 Miles from VA to CT with some of the hardest headwinds and crosswinds to deal with through PA. The Glide while was rock steady in strong headwinds and while "moved" with the crosswinds held it's own like no other Harley I have ever owned.

What a vacation! Now to consider my next trip.
A couple more

Attachments

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
Sounds like a great time man. As soon as i get some more vacation time saved up im out for alil ride too

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
sounds like a great trip! We took our july trip,hit misty rain,stayed dry for the most part.

when you talk about the wind,makes me think of the morning we hit the interstate in a cross wind,the kind that sways you when you stand there.but when we took off,it was like there was no cross wind.the only way I could tell at 75,was all the batwings we flew by.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sounds like a great trip! We took our july trip,hit misty rain,stayed dry for the most part.

when you talk about the wind,makes me think of the morning we hit the interstate in a cross wind,the kind that sways you when you stand there.but when we took off,it was like there was no cross wind.the only way I could tell at 75,was all the batwings we flew by.
The crosswinds did catch the bike and stood her strait up at times, However this was 2 up with a large tourpack luggage strapped on. I knew the wind was there but did not make the bike sway or wobble like the batwings. Even behind most tractor trailers the bike was rock solid. The only trucks that gave me a pucker a couple of times was tanker trucks with the round trailers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts