Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, in need of some help please. Just did a swap of my stock 4.3 to the 6.5 on my 15 Road Glide and everything works fine till I start the bike and the audio cuts out 3 to 5 seconds after the bike starts, but the display, nav and all the functions work perfectly with the bike running or not. It has the current software update and I took it to 3 different area dealerships and they flashed it as well with the same outcome.
I have a SoundStream Picasso Nano PN4.520D Amp and JL Audio C5 650x speakers. What is going on ?
Thanks

·
Registered
408 Posts
I wait til the radio completely goes thru the start up mode, hit accept, then start bike. Everything is fine.
yup, this ^

I have experienced everything from no audio and radio is off, goes from USB to FM (I always have it playing from USB), audio playing but screen shows off with only the time showing. All this when I don't wait for the radio to cycle on before I start.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, just tried that, audio still cuts out after I start it.

·
Registered
734 Posts
you can try disconnecting the amp... So it's just head unit to speakers. Does the sound still cut out, then At least you could rule out an amp issue...

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Have you gone on the Harley website, download the latest update to a jump drive, then follow the directions to download to your radio thru the usb port in the glove box. See if that helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts