Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After all summer in stealth mode, which I didn't mind...
Anyway I go to the dealer, need new grips for my bar swap.
Not only did they have these in stock
they had them on a new bike on the floor. Needless to say I'm no longer in stealth mode...

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I wish my shop was that clean. I like my Reinharts, your bike looks good.

·
Registered
98 Posts
NIce! I have the same exhaust. Fairly quiet at idle but likes to growl when you get on it. At my 1000 mile service, I went with the Rhinehart head pipe and power cam. Woke up the sound a little more. Interesting note, most of the exhausts I have run seemed to get louder as the miles added up. These not so much.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Had them on my '17 before I traded it in for the CVO - Big fan of that deep sound...congrats man

Now whats up with that Cougar?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks men...I haven't had a set of rhinehart's in 10 years...?
This will be the 3rd set I've had though...these certainly have the sound & she got the looks that kill lol.
The Cougar...work in progress....slow progress
I bought it as a basket case about 2 years ago...it had been painted but not finished.
New SVO 302, built trans...mostly new interior. I have had it out, still need to get headlights in it along with some brake lights and a few other things...

·
Shark of the Month October 13
8,207 Posts
Looks terrific with that paint scheme. If the pipes gets any larger, the Feds are going to make you register them with the ATF as cannons! Lookin' good.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
8,207 Posts
I forgot to say that a garage that clean is the sign of a sick man.

Sounds like we have similar projects. I brought a '65 Impala coupe in to Forida from the dry high dessert East of So-Cal 2 years ago. The second owner had only owned in 2-3 years. In that time pretty much everything got started but not much was actually finished. It had new original color paint, new glass for both front and rear windshields, 355 ci with Dart aluminum heads and intake, new 650 carb, and plenty of go-fast internals. TH400 that's been rebuilt with a 2,200-2,400 stall converter, and most importantly - not a speck of rust anywhere. New 3:73 gears with 30 spline Yukon axles. That second owner was going to finish it as a father/son project, but life took a left turn and he needed to sell it to help him acquire a B&B. I asked a lot of questions and looked at a bunch of pics and went ahead and did what I said I'd never do - I bought in on EBAY sight-unseen. The owner just more or less threw the car back together just enough to be able to fire it up and drive it onto the transport trailer. No interior, except for bare seat springs. All exterior trim was in the trunk, where it remains today. Each of the four wheels only had 4 lug nuts instead of 5. I was thrilled that it was in such great shape, but not happy with the amount of work that still needed to be done.

I did new suspension including bagging it. Also had A/C installed. Torqued everything in sight. Installed 18x8 and 20x8 wheels/tires. The biggest project left is a complete new interior and install some trim in/out. I'm now an expert Dynamat installer. That's a very large car to have to cover in D-mat.

Hope you Cougar is nearing the end of it's re-birth.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep, this Cougar started it's life in Washington, then moved to Oregon..
The guy started on it 15 years ago..he owned the car for about 35 years.
Unfortunately, he got older & lost interest before it got finished.
I had it shipped here to Central IL..it's in good hands now!
I'm actually retired from Fo.Mo.Co. and a painter by trade....
If ya take a hard look at the pics...I just refinished the inside of my garage,
so yes its clean...sick or not my garages have always been in order.... unlike my life. LOL

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Congrats, looks killer...Big fan of Rineharts....Very tidy garage too....Ride safe!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts