Road Glide banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Yeah, so true lol. After living and riding in NYC for so many years,I feel I can ride pretty much anywhere no problem. Aggressive motorists ,especially those yellow cabs,cutting you off left and right 24/7.Just part of the norm. You have to be a skilled and tough rider to survive those streets. And don’t get me started on those insane potholes lol
You got that right!
I only wish I could get the hell out of New York to somewhere more livable, like You did.
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Awesome write up Jeff, thanks for sharing your miles of memories...Well done.

Reactions: Freaky

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
Excellent trip. Great write up. And thanks for all the pics. We have to meet up in the middle some weekend and ride The Allegheny area. Kinzua and all that area.

You need HIS and HERS stickers on your helmets. Lol. My wife inky wears half helmets. So I cant confuse ours.

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
Great write up and pics Freaky looks like an awesome trip!

I was on Whiteface Mt this summer, stunning country and riding up in that neck of the woods.

TY for sharing!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Great write-up and awesome pics. The photos tell the unwritten story....the one that’s between the lines. If you look at all of those pictures without reading a single word you would know all you need to know. We’ve all been there. Good friends, good roads and the time to enjoy both. It’s one of the things that makes motorcycles and motorcyclists special. Those who have never ridden have no chance of ever understanding what those pictures say to those of us who ride.

Thanks for posting this. It took some of the boredom out of my day.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
You got that right!
I only wish I could get the hell out of New York to somewhere more livable, like You did.
Mike U.
When you’re younger, NYC can be lot of fun hanging out and stuff. We used to ride our bikes into Manhattan all the time ,bar hopping between biker bars. Both Hogs and Heifers (when they had 2) and another called Red Rock,which I believe is closed now. But over time, the city just beats you up and you feel that need to escape. My former job didn’t help much either lol. I was so desperate to get out that somehow seems like I woke up one day and was living in the desert lol. Much more laid back here and not a bad place to live. If that’s your desire to leave NY one day, hope that dream comes true for you!

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Right On Bro!
Been to Hogs-N-Heffers as well as Red Rock back in the day.
Now that I don’t drink as much I don’t visit many bars anymore.
Riding Harley’s in NYC then was great. Not so much anymore.
I lobe heading North into the country for a day ride as often as possible.
I only wish I could end up in AZ or somewhere else as nice.
New York is for The Rich and Liberal not The Workers and Conservatives.
Glad You’re liking the desert atmosphere it’s very good for the lungs.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Right On Bro!
Been to Hogs-N-Heffers as well as Red Rock back in the day.
Now that I don’t drink as much I don’t visit many bars anymore.
Riding Harley’s in NYC then was great. Not so much anymore.
I lobe heading North into the country for a day ride as often as possible.
I only wish I could end up in AZ or somewhere else as nice.
New York is for The Rich and Liberal not The Workers and Conservatives.
Glad You’re liking the desert atmosphere it’s very good for the lungs.
Mike U.

Funny,we probably even bumped into each other back then lol. Not into the bar scene and drinking anymore either. Upstate NY has so many nice areas to escape to on bike. Rode often up to Bear Mtn and the Catskills. I hear what you’re saying,that liberalism is like a cancer trying to infect every state nowadays. A lot of Californians are moving to our area escaping the madness in their state. If they’re not coming here,they’re following Swomack to Texas lol. As long as they don’t bring their “poison” with them ,don’t mind lol. Hey Freaky,sorry for “hijacking” your awesome thread for a bit there lol

·
Registered
421 Posts
Great pictures!!! I live in upstate NY, I might be biased, but I believe I have some of the best roads in the country to enjoy every day!!!!! From April- October of course ??... Then I head South to Daytona to visit my father and do some riding..... I would love to join you guys next time you plan on riding in the area....

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
No worries at all. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn’t H&H move out of NYC several years ago? So you moved to AZ to be closer...?? :smile:
Jeff, like everything else in NYC, the rent at Hogs & Heifers went from $14,000.00 a month up to a whopping $60,000.00 which caused them to close the doors in 2015 when their lease expired.
There was also a H&H on 1st Ave. in the E.90's years ago but that closed long before the original.
I believe there may be a H&H in Las Vegas but I'm not 100% sure.
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Jeff, like everything else in NYC, the rent at Hogs & Heifers went from $14,000.00 a month up to a whopping $60,000.00 which caused them to close the doors in 2015 when their lease expired.
There was also a H&H on 1st Ave. in the E.90's years ago but that closed long before the original.
I believe there may be a H&H in Las Vegas but I'm not 100% sure.
Mike U.
We used to go to both in NY. The one on upper east side had mostly live music and closed many years ago. I wasn’t sure about the other one in the “meat district” being closed since I had already moved by then. That area used to be a nice quiet part of town at night when businesses were closed until it became so trendy and they started building all over and rent just skyrocketed. They have one in Vegas off Fremont street. Gets busy during bike rally in October. Went there once to check it out but didn’t quite have the same feel as the original one in NY

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
FINALLY, this “old thread” recommendation thing paid off! Great pics & write-up! Hoping to do a “regional dream trip” to the New England states in the not to distant future! Might have to build in an xtra week for “upstate NY”; Hoping @Mike U & @madmat will keep me company: not that I’m trying to exclude any of you other cool cats! 🤔🤣🤪☕☕🤷‍♂️😁

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
FINALLY, this “old thread” recommendation thing paid off! Great pics & write-up! Hoping to do a “regional dream trip” to the New England states in the not to distant future! Might have to build in an xtra week for “upstate NY”; Hoping @Mike U & @madmat will keep me company: not that I’m trying to exclude any other of you cool cats!
Jackie Boy keep me posted.
I’ll definitely join You if I have the time.
Mike U.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
This thread isn’t that old yet Jack, about a year. Not 8 years old like a few others that popped up recently lol. Sounds like a great trip you’re planning!
You could come and join us Roger! Have John and Marc meet us north of NYC a little ways!! :eek::ROFLMAO::coffee::coffee::sneaky::sneaky:

21 - 40 of 42 Posts