Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I researched this but couldn't confirm the answer. I have a 4 point docking system for 09-13. Does this fit the '15 RGS? I believe the other thread was will the new luggage rack fit the old system. So looking to confirm this and hope it helps somebody else out. Thanks

· Registered
1,240 Posts
I researched this but couldn't confirm the answer. I have a 4 point docking system for 09-13. Does this fit the '15 RGS? I believe the other thread was will the new luggage rack fit the old system. So looking to confirm this and hope it helps somebody else out. Thanks
pardon my ignorance but is the four point docking system the same as the quick disconnect system? The reason I ask is I bought the tourpack quick disconnect rack for my 15 RG, when I got the tourpack and mounted it to the rack there wasn't enough clearance for the saddlebags to open. I was talking to a friend of mine and we decided to try his tourpack rack off his 2012 streetglide, it fit my quick disconnect setup AND solved the height problem that kept the saddlebags from opening all the way.

· Registered
2021 Ducati Multistrada V4S
4,525 Posts
pardon my ignorance but is the four point docking system the same as the quick disconnect system? The reason I ask is I bought the tourpack quick disconnect rack for my 15 RG, when I got the tourpack and mounted it to the rack there wasn't enough clearance for the saddlebags to open. I was talking to a friend of mine and we decided to try his tourpack rack off his 2012 streetglide, it fit my quick disconnect setup AND solved the height problem that kept the saddlebags from opening all the way.
Yes the four point docking system is the same as the quick disconnect system but I don't understand why you can't open the saddle bags with the new tour pak. I have a 2012 and have the new 2014 & up style TP and my saddle bags open just fine. I do have to pull them out away from the bike once unlatched before flipping them open but it's really no issue at all. I know the new bags open differently but plenty of guys have a TP on their new RG and don't have the issue so maybe you have a wrong part or something. Have you taken it to a dealer to see if tthey can figure in out? :confused:

· Registered
3 Posts
The old docking hardware bracket will not fit the bike. All old or new accessories, tour-pak etc, will fit the new docking hardware once installed on the bike.
Gary- I might be interested in your old mount- just picked up a 13 RGU, solid mount tour pak, want it removable- new here, not sure how to personally communicate? Will check this posting, thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.