Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for recommendations I know the options are endless right now looking to run a 4 speaker set up don’t know if the 6 is worth it doing lids on bags. Have the lowers with 6.5 just waiting to buy speakers and amp what route would you guys take. Do not want to do this twice searching for the best for the buck have around a $1000-1500 for the set up. Cruise at 80mph have side dump turnout what would be your recommendations.

Thanks, Justin

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
With all of the times Ive added to my system, do it once and do it right. When you get into 6 speaker systems, a DSP is not mandatory but I would suggest it.
Do you want to go with co-ax, pro audio speakers?? Where do you want to put the amps? You doing the install yourself?
Need to listen to as many bike systems as you can and figure out the sound you like, then go from there.
Piece together your system to maximize dollars and quality.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Justin, I am by no means an Audio Guru but I just went through purchasing a lot of new equipment for my 2012 Roadlide so I did a ton of research.
Right now the Beyma's, PRV's and MMats are the Hot Ticket Speakers but can get pricey.
Other good speakers are Focal and Hertz.
Depending on how you like your music will help you choose which ones to go with.
As far as Amplifiers, Digitaldesign 800.4, Focal FDP Sport are the top of the line for motorcycles but expensive.
JL Audio, Stinger, Cerwin Vega and Sound Stream make some very affordable amps.
Don't forget that you will also need wiring to connect your amp and speakers.
Make sure to use 100% Oxygen Free Wire, it's the best for audio.
Do "The Google" search for some well informed info.
Hope this helps.
Best of Luck.
Mike U.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Sorry. Tried not to, but can't help myself... With that exhaust setup. Earbuds and bluetooth... Doesn't really matter. 3-5 years of riding with that pipe and loud music and it won't matter. You won't be able to hear sh*t anyways...Ask me how I know..:laugh: I am running a FF 4 speaker inner fairing. Have 4 mids and 4 tweeter setup pushed with Arc 600.4 amp running right in my face. I still have tough time sometimes knowing if the next song playing is AC/DC or ABBA, 'cause I can't hear anymore. Not that I listen to ABBA. Just saying two totally different genres of music. If you under 40 never mind, you probably won't get the ABBA reference. The guys on here will give you the info you are looking for, along with the smart-ass inputs like mine. You are right. With that exhaust and cruising speeds, lid speakers are a waste. You are going to want a lot of power pushing speakers that need/like a lot of power to get the volume I think you will need. My .02.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
That exhaust is going to kill just about any system at HWY speed. Missed that part

·
Registered
317 Posts
Looking for recommendations I know the options are endless right now looking to run a 4 speaker set up don’t know if the 6 is worth it doing lids on bags. Have the lowers with 6.5 just waiting to buy speakers and amp what route would you guys take. Do not want to do this twice searching for the best for the buck have around a $1000-1500 for the set up. Cruise at 80mph have side dump turnout what would be your recommendations.

Thanks, Justin
take at a look at SOUNDZ on Facebook or contact Peter Jensen on there, he is the owner. Read his reviews, and his knowledge about stereo equipment for your bike. He is the man to turn to.
www.soundzbaggeraudio.com

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
take at a look at SOUNDZ on Facebook or contact Peter Jensen on there, he is the owner. Read his reviews, and his knowledge about stereo equipment for your bike. He is the man to turn to.
www.soundzbaggeraudio.com
Read the OPs post again. His budget is a no go for your suggestion. He can get more for way less if he pieces it together and doesn't get a "Kit".

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im not trying to compete in any sound comps or anything just looking for a very clear and decently loud sounding system. Usually listen to country/metal pretty much my genres of music yes rap here and there but rarely maybe some of the older stuff. Decided I will have a 6 speaker setup going to be running two in the fairing, two in lowers, and 2 6x9's in lids the hardest part of this i suppose is making the speaker decision. Since the fairing and pods both accept a 6.5 speaker would it be stupid to run the same for speakers in all to make it easy.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Very subjective question. You will want your best sound quality in the fairing. get that set first and then go from there.
So many speaker amp options out there its nuts. The trick is choosing speakers that all work together.
Research. Research. Research

·
Registered
317 Posts
Read the OPs post again. His budget is a no go for your suggestion. He can get more for way less if he pieces it together and doesn't get a "Kit".
I read his post, and he CAN get that kind of system from Peter Jensen and Soundz....if you know nothing about the company don't criticize my post.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Guaranteed he can get more for less then what soundz wants.

I don't know what's going on lately but there is a bunch of soundz post all of a sudden. Income tax return?
Soundz has a nice setup, not knocking it. But you pay a super premium for the "Package".
If you are happy with your setup that's all that matters.

There is a long post on the other forum going on with a guy talking up his soundz setup. Really comical.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I was at Soundz last week and the system that they would recommend for him would run about $2800.... There stuff is loud and clear but not worth that much money unless you are the kind of person who just wants it done and doesn't want to do it yourself. My system may not be as loud as theirs but to my ear it sounds better.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
$2800! [email protected]@k that!

Im not drinking the Kool-Aid

That much money, Alex or Lucky7 could set up a system that would flip a soundz bike over.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I’m running a RF 400x4 with Arc Moto in the fairing and MMats in the lowers. It’s certainly loud and very clear, no idea about the rear speakers as I’m 90% solo so I set up the soundstage for myself. I’m about $1k into it if I was paying retail for everything, but I found the Arc’s lightly used and get a parts discount.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Didn't make it in time to see if he showed up and Alex shut him down...:grin:

Can someone post a link to this thread? I’d love to check it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts