Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets see those shark fairings with four speakers mounted in them...particularly the ones where speakers are mounted on the inner fairing where its parallel to the upper fork tubes...get me inspired! :)

Since my bike is strictly a solo rider, I think lid speakers would be a waste unless its parked or stopped at a stop sigh or light....and loud music at t atop sign or stop light is obnoxious imho, thank you ;)...and I dont think I'll be getting a chop tour pack anytime soon to mount a sub-woofer in it. I think I'd be better served if ALL of the amplified music came from the front especially at speed. Not looking to replicate the fullness I hear when I'm driving a cage with the stereo on....just clean honest sound with the available space and sized speakers.

· Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice! Thanks for posting. Did you lose storage space in the compartments or did these fit in without compartment mods? What size/brand speakers did you use? Do you hear as much music as you thought you'd be able to after the addition, or was it only slightly more? This is EXACTLY what I want yo do to my Rushmore RGS, but I'm wondering about the effort vs results.

· Registered
963 Posts
Nice! Thanks for posting. Did you lose storage space in the compartments or did these fit in without compartment mods? What size/brand speakers did you use? Do you hear as much music as you thought you'd be able to after the addition, or was it only slightly more? This is EXACTLY what I want yo do to my Rushmore RGS, but I'm wondering about the effort vs results.

Yes I had to cut into my glove boxes a little bit but I put cvo liners in them and they are still fully functional. These are the hertz spl speakers. I can DEFINITELY hear a lot more. I've been told by several people that this mod can't be done on the newer road glides though.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

· Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yes I had to cut into my glove boxes a little bit but I put cvo liners in them and they are still fully functional. These are the hertz spl speakers. I can DEFINITELY hear a lot more. I've been told by several people that this mod can't be done on the newer road glides though.

I'm going to guess due to less space or width in the compartment areas of the Rushmore RG/Ss. It could work if I didn't mind losing the function of the compartments and gut it and use that space for speaker depth. I'm only using the right compartment to link my iPod anyway and that could probably be remedied since the iPod is sooooo slim it'd take up almost no space. My brain is churnin' lol....

· Registered
878 Posts
I put a set of pioneers in my inner fairing, no loss of glove box. I would suggest getting them back as far as possible, I have a slight for scrape action on my right inner fairing grill. If it bothered me a lot I could loosen fairing up and adjust, its not that bad though. Can hear music clearly at 90MPH at 50-60% volume. Pioneers themselves are cheap (cost wise) for a pair

· Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Keep'em comin' folks....this is inspiring! I heard a parked RGS w/Stage2 Boom fairing and speaker lids....pretty awesome if music while parked was a major sound quality criteria for me ;)

· Registered
963 Posts
Keep'em comin' folks....this is inspiring! I heard a parked RGS w/Stage2 Boom fairing and speaker lids....pretty awesome if music while parked was a major sound quality criteria for me ;)

You have a 15 special right? Have you had the fairing off yet? I've been told by quite a few big builders that on the new fairings you can not put speakers facing the forks.

· Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You have a 15 special right? Have you had the fairing off yet? I've been told by quite a few big builders that on the new fairings you can not put speakers facing the forks.

Nah...haven't had any reason to take the fairing off yet...just doing some scouting work from others right now to see if its even feasible...but I'm seeing that it might not be feasible without major mods to the compartments...maybe separate mids and tweets spread on the available space?

· Registered
963 Posts
Nah...haven't had any reason to take the fairing off yet...just doing some scouting work from others right now to see if its even feasible...but I'm seeing that it might not be feasible without major mods to the compartments...maybe separate mids and tweets spread on the available space?

Here's a pic of the inside. With the air ducts and all I don't see it happening. Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire

· Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

· Registered
963 Posts

· Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the heads-up, Willy_B

· Registered
963 Posts

· Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
True....or helmet speakers:p

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.