Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On september 20th, I roll out with one of my best friends and hopefully my nephew on the RG's first road trip. I know I want to do the dragon and the Blue Ridge Pkwy, now I need some help on scenic roads to get to these areas. We are leaving from Revere MA around 7am and will probably cover about 400-500 miles a day. Of course we need time to stop and smell the roses but we obviously want some twisties along the way. We have six days total. Leaving early fridaymorning and back on wednesday night.. thoughts? ??

·
Registered
432 Posts
Two years ago, ten of us went from Dracut, MA, to Gatlinburg TN. We took three days to get down, stopping in Gettysburg PA, Roanoke VA, and then into Gatlinburg. On the way down, we roade Skyline Drive, the BRP, and some others. There was also some interstate driving mixed in. If you ride the BRP, don't expect to make any real time, as the speed limit is 45 mph (enforced). If you have a Garmin GPS that you can dowload to, I could send you the routes we took?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I leave for Atlanta (from MD) Wednesday night. Me and two others are meeting some friends from CO there and heading back up through this area. I'll let you know what we stuble across if anything good pops up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts