Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,597 Posts
Today wife and I have been married 44 years. Not bad for only knowing her 10 days when we were married.
Congrats! When it's right , it's right.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Congratulations

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Damn. That's quick. Congrats!

Out of curiousity, how many people tried to stop you for being so quick? And you still know them to just smile and say, "see?!"

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn. That's quick. Congrats!

Out of curiousity, how many people tried to stop you for being so quick? And you still know them to just smile and say, "see?!"
Long list, Her gunny and commander. Several people we knew. I met her dad soon after we were married and we became life long friends. her mother is still alive and we get along great. Now for the interesting part . her older sister has been married 45 years and her younger sister 43. Two other couples we knew that had only known each other two week were married not long after us.
They are also still married to this day.

·
Super Moderator
10,218 Posts
Was fixing to say sounds like a fast military wedding .. My riding budd in Pa , same story , he was AF ( can be forgiven , same as you Army brats ) and his wife worked for him , first date was "me and the guys are going to the club , see you there" .. Around 45 for them also ..

JtB

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,671 Posts
A big shout out to anyone who makes it 40+ years, that's a lot of love, and a lot of compromise and respect. I sort of made it. We were 39 years in when after going through a lot of treatment for multiple myeloma cancer, she decided she wanted to change everything about her life including me . Our divorce was final a month before our 41st Anniversary. There's nothing certain in life. Congrats.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Congratulations to you and the Misses Smitty

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Congrats man!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts