Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well for 3years Howard at Motorcycle Metals has been designing triple trees for dressers with 41mm forks so he could install his triple trees , 49mm forks and 30mm fully adjustable cartridges like he has done for years on Dyna's . 17 weeks ago I dropped my bike off to him for what we thought was a 2 week install and set up of his first set . He ran into unforeseen issues and yesterday 3/1 I finally went down to Miami from Tampa to pick my bike up . I will give a complete review and write up shortly but I can tell you these things are sweet .

·
Administrator
12,485 Posts
Definitely subscribing, are you going to be at Daytona?

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes , Howard and Bob and the machine shop crew put in a lot of hours to get me done for bike week , Wendy and I will ride over Thursday 3/13 and stay til Sunday 3/16 (my 55 birthday)

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CNC machine cutting triple tree

Attachments

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Triple tree

Attachments

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bottom tree

Attachments

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Test fitting

Attachments

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Look on top and you can see the top of the 30mm cartridge

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Very NICE :)

More pics and more information PLEASE :) Subscribed

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I now have a few thousand miles on the new set up . I can say without hesitation the front end made a bigger difference than anything I've done to my bike. With Howard's kit I installed his triple trees that hold 49mm forks , 49mm forks for the 2014 bikes and 30mm fully adjustable cartridges. The bike corners and handles so much better but I knew it would , what surprised me the most is the difference when just riding down the highway. The front end is so smooth it is sick , I will hit something in the road and do not feel it at all in the front end but will feel the bump in the ass end when it goes over it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sounds like a great set up. Is Howard going to make the kit available? I don't see it on the website.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds like a great set up. Is Howard going to make the kit available? I don't see it on the website.
I know Howard is now selling them as I've had a few guys call me that have ordered them , I'd call him for info and pricing

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Any new info? I talked to Howard today but it was about the B and did not ask about this....
I talked to him today , I know he sold a few and is in the process of putting them together

1 - 15 of 15 Posts