Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Road Glide - vivid black
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to post some pics of a quick ride me and some buddies did. Left Richmond VA, went to Chicago for some pizza, and then west to sturgis and Rushmore. Had planned to hit Yellowstone but they got smacked with some weather. Left on a Saturday afternoon and got back the following Friday. Just at 4K miles, a few 900+ days and the Roadglide is by far the most comfortable bike I’ve owned. Before the trip I was considering trading it for an Indian Challenger but now I’m thinking the Harley platform and dealer network is worth more than the extra HP the Indian has.
Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Vehicle
Cloud Tire Sky Wheel Fuel tank
Cloud Tire Wheel Sky Automotive tire
Tire Plant Wheel Plant community Ecoregion
Cloud Sky Mountain Bedrock Terrain
Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Vehicle
Tire Cloud Wheel Sky Vehicle
Tire Wheel Helmet Cloud Motorcycle
Sky Tire Cloud Helmet Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Building Automotive lighting Vehicle

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Looks like a great trip. Really like them kind of trips.

·
Premium Member
22 Road Glide
221 Posts
Great looking trip and a good spread of bikes along. Do you have a route track? I am sure with that many miles with Buds you have to have some pretty good stories and adventures.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great looking trip and a good spread of bikes along. Do you have a route track? I am sure with that many miles with Buds you have to have some pretty good stories and adventures.
I don’t. I tried using a trip I planned in the app. But I ran into needing Apple Maps for better traffic updates which cancels the Harley GPS.

·
Premium Member
22 Road Glide
221 Posts
I don’t. I tried using a trip I planned in the app. But I ran into needing Apple Maps for better traffic updates which cancels the Harley GPS.
Yeah, I ran into the same problem. I like the apps from carplay way better than the HD nav. So far I have used Tom Tom and Rever with differing results.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, I ran into the same problem. I like the apps from carplay way better than the HD nav. So far I have used Tom Tom and Rever with differing results.
Exactly, but what is so irritating is that you can’t track MPG / time traveling and all that unless you have a route in the Harley GPS. Unless I’m doing something wrong.

·
Premium Member
22 Road Glide
221 Posts
Yeah you got a point there, almost worth it to put the phone on the bars for a back up nav. I am actually thinking of that anyway so I can use non harley branded comms.

·
Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
1,377 Posts
That must have been an amazing trip, I'm sure you were the most comfortable out of all the Riders, thanks for sharing the pictures

Reactions: Traxx
1 - 20 of 20 Posts