Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As it says fourth annual RG.Org/1st annual Bill Watkins Memorial Run to Patti's ..

Bill turned me on to Patti's many years ago , he would ride up sometimes every month .. He was my riding budd for thirty years and passed away Sept 29 2016 .. We were all sposed to go there the weekend before he passed and everyone here and him had to cancel , so I didn't go either ..

We were sposed to go a few weeks ago and had to cancel because of the weather there , I didn't post here , except to a few peeps who actually had met Bill , because his grand daughter was going and wanted to spread his ashes there , prolly at Garden of the Gods in Illinois ..

But , alas it will be open to anyone here . ..

We normally do it in September anyways , so the new tentative date is Sept 30 .. Will let you know ..

More details to follow ...

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Will do my best to make it, thanks for the heads up!

·
Super Moderator
10,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We will leave Bama on Friday , and eat sometime in late afternoon/evening Saturday at Patti's , the ride Saturday will be to where ever , last year we rode to Garden of the Gods in Illinois , and from there to Superman Museum in Metropolis Ill .. And over to Patti's .. we were sposed to cross the Ohio at Cave in Rock Ferry , but a glitch in my gps pre routing , missed the ferry , but took us through some beautiful backroads ... And into a gravel pit for good measure .. From Garden of the Gods , it was one lane farm roads with all the corn you ever care to see for a good hour or more .. Good Clean Fun ..

·
Super Moderator
10,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in. I was lucky enough to have met Bill at Patti's a few years ago. Incredible man, wish I could have known him longer.
Bill was using you Scott !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was interested in two things ..

1) A free room for his stop over to see his beloved Packers , cant say as I blame him there , think Bart Starr and Roll Tide baby

2) Angie's prowess in the kitchen rattling pots and pans

He was a hoot now ..

·
Super Moderator
10,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bob hopefully we wont head off into a gravel pit , I felt like a dummy , what with you and a CVO and Tim and a new RGS , but we ( I ) can laugh about it now ..

DW hope you can make it as well ..

See if I can get the Mighty Fuzz interested this time around ..

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I just booked a room at the Days Inn in Paducah. $56 a night b/4 tax (I got a King room, double is $54), the wife gave her ok from the pics and reviews. The address is 3901 Hinkleville Road. We are staying Fri and Sat night. Used Trivago.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Good deal Bob. Looking forward to it. Just talked to the wife and we think we are going to keep the hotel and skip the campground thingy, dragging linens and pillows seems like a pain.

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
Well smack my ass and call me Nancy....a chance to see Scott, Jack and Bob again so soon after SW? This looks doable for sure on my end.

Scott, I'll text you this weekend and you can fill me in on this stuff as all these places are foreign to me.

Bob, drag Kevin and his new Power Switch with ya.....love that big sum bitch

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Drag Kevin LOL could not move him with block and tackle as you stated "big sum bitch"
Will continue to try convince him now that he has a new power switch to start his bike and Sandy to keep him running

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
Drag Kevin LOL could not move him with block and tackle as you stated "big sum bitch"
He needs to make up the ass grab to TJ for me......still saddens me that my ass was sans-a-grab

I gotta start being nice to the OL now so I can sneak away on this trip - Thinking half day Fri, leave at noon gets me close to KY around 7p'ish

·
Super Moderator
10,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
cool yawl , Bob is Kathy headed up with you this time ? You coming here day before like last year ?

If Nancy is coming we may have to cancel , see if I can talk her into Days Inn , I dunno ..

Bob may try to get you a room with us if you coming here the day before .. Ain't in charge of that ..

Be leaving here the day Bill passed and the day my birthday .............

1 - 20 of 85 Posts