Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes the best speaker adapters for the roadglide that require the least amount of modification.. Also I'm using Polk MM speakers...

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
IMO Hard Ride Audio made the best adapters, but I believe they went out of business, Hawgwired would be my next choice.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
442 Posts
I ordered mine off ebay. Easy install and fit fine...oh and saved me money on the other over priced spacers which essentially they all are.

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
I ordered mine off ebay. Easy install and fit fine...oh and saved me money on the other over priced spacers which essentially they all are.
I have to disagree with you about the speaker adapters just being spacers, the good ones are cone shaped to channel the sound, most inexpensive ones are just spacers, there is a difference.
I don't know what happened in my first post. ..... :confused:

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have to disagree with you about the speaker adapters just being spacers, the good ones are cone shaped to channel the sound, most inexpensive ones are just spacers, there is a difference.

Sent from my SPH-L710
+1 :D
Think of it like porting a head, for maximum efficiency they should make a smooth transition.

·
Registered
442 Posts

Sent from my SPH-L710
When i said spacers I assumed all were cone shape but still can be considered a spacer, meaning anything put between 2 objects and places space. :D

The ones I got off ebay were cone shaped just like the high dollar spacers, fit perfect and cost 3/4 less that what others sell for.

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
When i said spacers I assumed all were cone shape but still can be considered a spacer, meaning anything put between 2 objects and places space. :D

The ones I got off ebay were cone shaped just like the high dollar spacers, fit perfect and cost 3/4 less that what others sell for.
Ok, then we're on the same page. I have a set in my garage that are flat, they will probably be sitting there until I just decide to toss them...... :eek:

·
Registered
140 Posts
You wouldn't happen to have the name of the seller or a link still would you?

·
Registered
2,098 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Make sure they fit the ROADGLIDE without modification before you buy. Looks like the description is for batwing fairings. The RG doesn't have side support brackets.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Guy's, they will work on a RG. IMO they are a little thin in the thickness from where the screw face starts to the outside mounting surface. (I know I am not saying this right, but that thickness is the strength of you adapter)

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I got the cycle sounds adapters and Not so Much.... Yes they fit the roadglide it's just that the screw holes don't line up with the holes in my MM651's... I'm sure I could drill them out a little but that will obviously weaken the adapters....

Anyone running the MM651's in the stock locations? If so what adapter did you use.. and did you have any problems..

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just FYI..... I returned the Cycle Sounds Adapters and they charged me a 20% restocking fee........... Don't buy anything from them unless your 100% sure you really want it...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts