Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 5 days to wander around New Mexico and Arizona area at the end of April. I will be heading up from Big Bend National park TX then to Eureka Springs Arkansas. Will be camping or would like to camp when I am there. As of now I will be heading to Carlsbad Cave and Roswell. Other then that I will be wandering. Is there any places or roads that should be a must see. Need to get out of the cold upstate NY for a while on 2 wheels.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Head over to Cloudcroft, Ruidoso, White Sands Missile Range, Sedona, the Grand Canyon, Antelope Canyon, Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon NP, Monument Valley, Los Alamos National Labs, and Santa Fe.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Road trip

thanks for some neat spots to check out. I usually just point and go..

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I have 5 days to wander around New Mexico and Arizona area at the end of April. I will be heading up from Big Bend National park TX then to Eureka Springs Arkansas. Will be camping or would like to camp when I am there. As of now I will be heading to Carlsbad Cave and Roswell. Other then that I will be wandering. Is there any places or roads that should be a must see. Need to get out of the cold upstate NY for a while on 2 wheels.
This sounds awesome! I completely agree about this cold/winter this year, ready for it to end!! Have a great trip!

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
You do know that we will be expecting pictures right!!! Sounds like an amazing trip. Also lots of your forum brothers and sisters all over if you run into any trouble so dont be afraid to reach out.

·
Registered
82 Posts
If your coming up 285 to Carlsbad be very careful. It's the deadliest road in this part of the country. Narrow road, lots of pot holes and extra truck parts, lots of oilfield truck traffic.

Like said, Ruidoso, Cloudcroft, Lincoln (as in Billy the Kid) very good rides.

Farther north is Red River, Taos loop called the Enchanted Circle.

If you go west Silver City NM to Alpine AZ is comparable to Deals Gap. You can go make it a loop back to Silver City thru the Gila National Wilderness.

Farther west is Tombstone AZ.

What dates are you coming thru?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Going to do South Utah & North Arizona this summer and looks like North rim of Grand Canyon, Zion NP and Monument Valley are going to be something you don't want to miss. Maybe Lake Powell too.

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
Head over to Cloudcroft, Ruidoso, White Sands Missile Range, Sedona, the Grand Canyon, Antelope Canyon, Zion National Park, Cryce Canyon NP, Monument Valley, Los Alamos National Labs, and Santa Fe.
All area's mentioned are absolutely incredible.

These places will blow your mind and you will not be disappointed that's for sure.

Swomack

·
Super Moderator
1,776 Posts
Here's a little map to hit a few of the highlights and some twisty roads in eastern AZ.

End of the trail puts you very close to my house in Phoenix.

C.G.

https://goo.gl/maps/4Z7uwv5SYz22

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Here's a little map to hit a few of the highlights and some twisty roads in eastern AZ.

End of the trail puts you very close to my house in Phoenix.

C.G.

https://goo.gl/maps/4Z7uwv5SYz22
That map of yours reminds me of a time when i cut Southwest out of Albuquerqe and went through Springerville only to get stuck on a mountain pass for 6+ hours not knowing where I was going to end up. At the end of it all I ended up at Putney's for a victory beer in Tucson. I believe I even saw where the Grinch lived during that run. One of the best Hampton Inn's over there in Anthem near the Harley Dealer and Legends bar.

Enjoy those open roads and ride safe! There is so much to see. People have some very good places and roads mentioned that are helping me with some ideas. If you make it out to Sedona which I highly suggest, check out Slide Rock. I thought it was a pretty cool place to chill and take in the scenery.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Eddienelson I know they are a great family. I been to 4 SW already and its like a big family reunion every year. Something to look forward to each year..

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
If you aren't set on Arizona, I would recommend areas like Ruidoso NM, but continue north into Colorado and Hwy 550 and maybe west from there into Monument Valley and Valley of the Gods in Utah. Incredible scenery...

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you aren't set on Arizona, I would recommend areas like Ruidoso NM, but continue north into Colorado and Hwy 550 and maybe west from there into Monument Valley and Valley of the Gods in Utah. Incredible scenery...
I figured I would save Colorado for SW. I know you could do the same roads over again and see things you did not see when you thru there already. But I will keep the locations in mind just in case. thanks

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If your coming up 285 to Carlsbad be very careful. It's the deadliest road in this part of the country. Narrow road, lots of pot holes and extra truck parts, lots of oilfield truck traffic.

Like said, Ruidoso, Cloudcroft, Lincoln (as in Billy the Kid) very good rides.

Farther north is Red River, Taos loop called the Enchanted Circle.

If you go west Silver City NM to Alpine AZ is comparable to Deals Gap. You can go make it a loop back to Silver City thru the Gila National Wilderness.

Farther west is Tombstone AZ.

What dates are you coming thru?
thanks for some good riding spots. not sure if I am going in to AZ first or just staying in NM and ride around there. I would be heading out of Big Bend on the 4/26 and have to be in Eureka Springs on May 3. I might try to meet up with calgaryglide first then wander.

·
Registered
82 Posts
thanks for some good riding spots. not sure if I am going in to AZ first or just staying in NM and ride around there. I would be heading out of Big Bend on the 4/26 and have to be in Eureka Springs on May 3. I might try to meet up with calgaryglide first then wander.
I have some family obligations April 27, 28 and 29. Maybe next time.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts