Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Over the weekend you probably saw or read something about the horrific truck/motorcycle crash in NH Friday evening. A pickup truck towing a flat bed trailer crossed the center line and crashed into a group of 10 bikes -7 bikers died. The five guys that were killed were part of a ex-military group of Marines. Plus one GF and one wife were also killed. Three others were injured.

I've posted their names under the "New Hampshire" thread in the "General Road Glide Discussions" section, just in case someone there was known to you. Such a tragedy.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I'd hate to think this guy was drugged up and just spontaneously went "bowling" with his truck & trailer. I hope not. Really curious what they find out happened. To me it's a big flag that this guy didn't turn himself in right away.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd hate to think this guy was drugged up and just spontaneously went "bowling" with his truck & trailer. ...
I've had that horrific thought on my mind for 3 days now, but didn't dare to voice it on here. Ive looked at every photograph over and over again and cannot see any evidence that he locked up his brakes - no skid marks. I realize that the truck has ABS and woudn't leave skid marks but the trailer with no weight on it should have locked up the minute he jumped on the brakes. Of course there weren't any overhead pics and with the size of the debris field it's hard to tell. That's the other aspect that's bothering me, the debris field looks much longer than it should be if he had stopped the truck as quickly as possible. Time will tell I guess.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I've had that horrific thought on my mind for 3 days now, but didn't dare to voice it on here. Ive looked at every photograph over and over again and cannot see any evidence that he locked up his brakes - no skid marks. I realize that the truck has ABS and woudn't leave skid marks but the trailer with no weight on it should have locked up the minute he jumped on the brakes. Of course there weren't any overhead pics and with the size of the debris field it's hard to tell. That's the other aspect that's bothering me, the debris field looks much longer than it should be if he had stopped the truck as quickly as possible. Time will tell I guess.
I hesitated a bit to post my comment, but certainly do hope that wasn't it. I DO know it could have been something beyond his control, etc. But, it made me think back to the days when one of my drug/alcohol relatives was alive - died young due to abuse. There simply was not a person inside of him for the last 5 years of his life, and he could have done something like this and never remembered he did it. Our best family times then were during prison stints. I haven't known many that were so ruined by drugs/alcohol - another was murdered by some buds - and he also struck me as a body with no one living inside anymore. Sure we've all got those stories. Actually it's killed my personal enjoyment of having drinks with friends. Still have about a drink a week, but hardly ever any more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts