Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She's finally fixed. Took the afternoon off work and my awesome neighbor drove me down to the dealership to pick her up. Not real happy with the bill, but it could have been worse. Was pissed at some comments the service manager made when I called last Saturday to pick it up, but the minute I walked in the door he apologized and told me about the day he had. Guess you can't be tight with people and expect to be treated like family and then not reciprocate, so I decided to accept the apology. Anyway, they finally found a broken strand in a wire that runs from the MAP Sensor to the ECM. He thought, and it seems logical, that might be why this is the second MAP sensor to go out in the past 4 years. He said they had a hell of a time finding it because the wire was showing continuity, but I guess they somehow ran another test that showed even though it was not fully broken it wasn't sending enough voltage or something. I understand the basics, but not the details. Anyway, even though the old checkbook is a little lighter, I think they lost their ass because I know they put at least 10-12 hours into it and I didn't pay for anywhere near that much labor. Took the loooooonngggg way home and have a weekend of riding planned. Appropriately the first song that came on the playlist as I rolled away from the dealership was "Don't know what you got" by Cinderella. It's been a long 6 weeks I have been chasing this problem, about 3 on my own and almost 3 at the dealership because of my work schedule. I've got a lot of miles to make up that I've missed.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
glad it worked out for you. i had a similar wiring problem on an ignition circuit years ago.
would run until it got hot and then would start shorting out. turns out a wire was not fully connected to its post.
reminded me of the lucas system on my beezer lol

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Good to hear you have it back. This is why you have a second or third bike around . Enjoy the ride now that it is fixed.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Fuck-An-Aye Bleach.......that is some damn good news.......ride that Blue Sofa Up here......making stuffed bacon cheeseburgers tonight with tater tots too........I'll save ya a plate as long as I can but the Boy (now 15) eats us out of house and home.......fucker!

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
That is awesome news. Now get off the forum and go ride that fucker. You have a lot of miles to make up.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fuck-An-Aye Bleach.......that is some damn good news.......ride that Blue Sofa Up here......making stuffed bacon cheeseburgers tonight with tater tots too........I'll save ya a plate as long as I can but the Boy (now 15) eats us out of house and home.......fucker!
Damn't man, I should have. After my 3 hour ride to get the 45 which turned into 120 miles home I decided to cut the grass so I have absolutely no responsibilities until Sunday PM, and that is too grill some steaks. Tomorrow is planned, a run down to the river with me and my neighbor. I need to stock up on cheap tobacco and he wants to see how his new to him switchback feels on a 250 mile run. Sunday is still up in the air. The OL wants to go for her first ride after her outpatient surgery from 2 weeks ago, so we have to be flexible to see how far along her recovery is. I think she will be fine, she seems to be back in form fussing about stuff around the house. She recognizes how hard I tried to keep it up the past couple of months while she has been out of commission, but it is most definitively short of her standards.

I want to head your way soon, we need to plan a Saturday where I can hit the slab early and head up there.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good to hear you have it back. This is why you have a second or third bike around . Enjoy the ride now that it is fixed.
Yeah, up until 2 months ago I did, but after the 4th or 5th kick in the balls from that big ass bastard called life I had to sell the last backup I had. Hard to believe that 4 years ago I had 4 bikes in the garage, 3 years ago I had 3 and up until May I had 2. I will sell the house and my truck before this one goes. I would sell myself on the corner, but the only way that would work is if I could convince people to pay me to put my clothes back on.

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
That's great news. Glad they finally found the root problem. Enjoy the weekend riding.

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
Damn't man, I should have. After my 3 hour ride to get the 45 which turned into 120 miles home I decided to cut the grass so I have absolutely no responsibilities until Sunday PM, and that is too grill some steaks. Tomorrow is planned, a run down to the river with me and my neighbor. I need to stock up on cheap tobacco and he wants to see how his new to him switchback feels on a 250 mile run. Sunday is still up in the air. The OL wants to go for her first ride after her outpatient surgery from 2 weeks ago, so we have to be flexible to see how far along her recovery is. I think she will be fine, she seems to be back in form fussing about stuff around the house. She recognizes how hard I tried to keep it up the past couple of months while she has been out of commission, but it is most definitively short of her standards.

I want to head your way soon, we need to plan a Saturday where I can hit the slab early and head up there.
When the ol'lady starts bitching about the house, just blame it on the dog like I do.:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts