Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new to this site.My question is this,I'm installing a 106 S&S big bore kit on my 2007 road glide.It has vance and hines 2 into one exhust.Kururakyn
Hi five air cleaner , Harley Davidson Hi flow CNC'd heads that just were released are also going to be installed.The 551 cam is for torque in the low rpm range.Should I use the 585 cam which is more for midrange.I'm wondering if the lift on the 551 is not high enough to take advantage of the ability to flow alot more air.Or would the 551 low end torque cam still be suitable.Compression on the 106 kit is just over 10 -1 Any info would be appreciated.Any dyno charts on this site.Thanks

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I don't know weather or not this will be helpful. I have a Big Dog with a S&S 117. A lot of the Big Dog guys put the 551's in their motors. Truthfully, I'm not knowledgeable enough about cams to give a solid answer.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I run the 585's in my 107, no head work, pro pipe Hi-output Kury filter
haven't dyno'd it yet, bike runs great, it's a little slow on the bottom but
rockets when you hit around 3K.

I built it (oh niner) RG for better mid to upper power for highway riding, in 5th I can open it up and it pulls all the way to the rev limiter.

Now normally for a big bike you want all TQ and I would advise you to go 551 for low end power, and 583 for all over (better low, good mid, and some High)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts