Super Moderator
10,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks earlier this year :

September 14-16

Ride In Friday 14th

Patti's ride the area and eat Saturday 15th

Roll Out Sunday 16th

They did have a fire at the restaurant a few weeks ago , and currently are looking at August re opening .

JackSprat was in the area not long ago and texted me that the place was swarming with construction crews ..

More to follow ...

Motel :
Block of rooms for us , no name to the block , $49.61 per night for two queen beds , arrive Sept 14 depart Sept 16 , must phone in reservation .. Mike is the owner and he OK'd it , said if any ask when he isnt there , to tell tehm he OK'd it ..
Motel 6
Exit 31 I-24
270-928-2700

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
DAMN IT.........with you, Bob and the Jacks.......now I HAVE to go - FINE......I'll go I'll go I'll go!

Just put it on the Family Calendar with PLENTY of advanced Notice - With my SW8 Trip being a nogo.....this is just what the Doc ordered - Can't wait to see you fools

·
Registered
247 Posts
For those of us who are new to RG.org where is Grand Rivers Ky? I guess being from KY I should know!
Bill

·
Super Moderator
10,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
About twenty miles east of Paducah on 24 , Grand Rivers is exit 31 to be exact , if you ever rode the Trace between LBL , then you were right there at Grand Rivers . We usually stay around Paducah ..

I been going to Patti's since the early 90's ...

·
Super Moderator
10,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Eddie alright ..

Bob , so did you invite Kathleen ? Got to have someone of opposing views to harass mercilessly ..

Faye really hates yawl aren't making the funeral in South Carolina ..

·
Super Moderator
10,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bleachey ( Scott ) was the first one last year to book a room in Paducah at the Days Inn , and posted on the thread where he was staying and we all followed suite , so we all were together at the same motel .. This thread is where we are all keeping in touch with each other on everything as it slowly comes together ...

I have most of the guys phone numbers . Scott and I talk or text almost weekly .. Bob and Gary are just a text or call away also ..

I think last year we ate breakfast and rolled out around 0830-0900 ish Saturday morning and ate at Patti's around 1800 or so ..

Patti's has to have reservations , and once we get firmed up on a head count I will make the reservation a few weeks before the trip .. I always add a few bodies to the number , just in case ...

We just need a different ride on Saturday . We have done the same one two or three years in a row now , as each trip we had some first timers along for the ride to Garden of the Gods in Illinois and Superman museum in Metropolis Ill ..

hope you can make it ..

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
DAMN IT.........with you, Bob and the Jacks.......now I HAVE to go - FINE......I'll go I'll go I'll go!

Just put it on the Family Calendar with PLENTY of advanced Notice - With my SW8 Trip being a nogo.....this is just what the Doc ordered - Can't wait to see you fools
Awesome Eddie. Don't know the logistics of where you are. I am planning on taking the Friday and Monday off. Angie and I usually avoid the interstate like the plague and take the scenic route. Takes us a little longer, about 6 or 7 hours from our house since we really meander and stop a lot. It's all about the trip for us. You are welcome to tag along if you decide you want to come to Indy the Thursday night before. Or if you want to tag along on the way home Sunday and crash Sunday night we could f$%^ around some nice Indiana roads again on Monday.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Bleachey ( Scott ) was the first one last year to book a room in Paducah at the Days Inn , and posted on the thread where he was staying and we all followed suite , so we all were together at the same motel .. This thread is where we are all keeping in touch with each other on everything as it slowly comes together ...

I have most of the guys phone numbers . Scott and I talk or text almost weekly .. Bob and Gary are just a text or call away also ..

I think last year we ate breakfast and rolled out around 0830-0900 ish Saturday morning and ate at Patti's around 1800 or so ..

Patti's has to have reservations , and once we get firmed up on a head count I will make the reservation a few weeks before the trip .. I always add a few bodies to the number , just in case ...

We just need a different ride on Saturday . We have done the same one two or three years in a row now , as each trip we had some first timers along for the ride to Garden of the Gods in Illinois and Superman museum in Metropolis Ill ..

hope you can make it ..

Do you want me to see about getting a block of rooms at the same hotel? It wasn't the ritz or anything, but the price was reasonable and it passed for a couple of nights. Or I can look for something a little nicer, although it would be a little more costly.

·
Super Moderator
10,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Days Inn is fine with us , Faye said it was the best motel bed she ever slept in , and that's up against Hampton Inn and Comfort Suites .. And we are close to restaurants also ..

Yeah if you want to block it , that's fine , we may get a little break , but at 55 a nite or whatever I ain't complaining much , do like the fact that it's a big parking lot ..

I really feel bad about the Eddie , do not want him to feel like he has to come , jeez .........

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Days Inn is fine with us , Faye said it was the best motel bed she ever slept in , and that's up against Hampton Inn and Comfort Suites .. And we are close to restaurants also ..

Yeah if you want to block it , that's fine , we may get a little break , but at 55 a nite or whatever I ain't complaining much , do like the fact that it's a big parking lot ..

I really feel bad about the Eddie , do not want him to feel like he has to come , jeez .........
I'll do some digging and get back to everyone.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I thought we were all bunking at Jeff's and Carolynn's LOL
Yes invited my bride
Eddie would be nice to see you again
Scott booking rooms, does he get a free room ?

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
Awesome Eddie. Don't know the logistics of where you are. I am planning on taking the Friday and Monday off. Angie and I usually avoid the interstate like the plague and take the scenic route. Takes us a little longer, about 6 or 7 hours from our house since we really meander and stop a lot. It's all about the trip for us. You are welcome to tag along if you decide you want to come to Indy the Thursday night before. Or if you want to tag along on the way home Sunday and crash Sunday night we could f$%^ around some nice Indiana roads again on Monday.
Yo Meng.......I will leave at Dawn's Butt Crack on Fri and just slab the fuck out of it to get there - Happy to meet you and the Mrs and back road it for sure on Friday - I'll roll 74 East into your neck of the woods to avoid 65, meet you and then have a grand old day of rolling into Kentucky - Roll with the Group on Sat and then blast home Sunday

·
Super Moderator
10,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My Navy buddy from eastern Kentucky maybe coming , may try to get a few of his budds to ride along , said he would probably ride over Thursday .. He's a wide glider .. told him he'd get grief from this crew ...

1 - 20 of 94 Posts