Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently running the hog tunes 5x7's, this morning one of them blew. I'm planning to reuse the 5x7 adapter that comes from HT and just change to another 5x7. My current first choice is the Infinity Kappa, which lists as a 5x7/6x8.

I don't think it will be a problem, but ignorance is bliss. Does anyone see trouble with this set up?

Ps: I have a sony head and RF PBR300x2 amp, so I'm covered in power and signal quality.

·
Registered
120 Posts
For what its worth I am running 5x7's from Hybrid Audio Technologies. I really like them but they are a little pricey at $350 a pair.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'm currently running the hog tunes 5x7's, this morning one of them blew. I'm planning to reuse the 5x7 adapter that comes from HT and just change to another 5x7. My current first choice is the Infinity Kappa, which lists as a 5x7/6x8.

I don't think it will be a problem, but ignorance is bliss. Does anyone see trouble with this set up?

Ps: I have a sony head and RF PBR300x2 amp, so I'm covered in power and signal quality.
If you are thinking of putting the kappas in factory lids, they wont bolt up. I would check to make sure that adapter ring is for all speakers or just the HT ones. Also, those kappas will scream with that PBR amp. I have a pair of kappas (62.11) on my bike currently and they were too much for the PBR. Had to turn the amp gain down until that boosted light went out or was barely flickering. Other than that, its a solid setup.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Next question is how much of a difference is there between the .11cf and the .9cf?

·
Registered
156 Posts

Get a 5 X 7 to 6.5 adaptor buy the round 62.11i infinity's and call it a day.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=5x7+to+6.5+speaker+adapter&tbm=shop&spd=7324224433543323549

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ordered the 5x7 on Wednesday. On Saturday I crashed the bike, so I won't have a review for a while.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts