Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 13 cvo rg I ordered bike tronics 6.5" adapters not realizing the cvo has 5x7 speakers in it so the adapters don't fit. So now I'm wondering if it's really worth it to go buy new speaker grills for 5.25" so the 6.5" adapters fit and I can use them. Or should I just put 5x7 in and say good enough? Is there that much of a difference?

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
Hey guys I have a 13 cvo rg I ordered bike tronics 6.5" adapters not realizing the cvo has 5x7 speakers in it so the adapters don't fit. So now I'm wondering if it's really worth it to go buy new speaker grills for 5.25" so the 6.5" adapters fit and I can use them. Or should I just put 5x7 in and say good enough? Is there that much of a difference?
Apples to apples the 5x7 will beat out the 6.5 every time. The problem lays in finding 5x7. Everyone makes 6.5 , but not 5x7.

The RG speaker grill is the same regardless of what speaker you use. If you do go back to 6,5 your going to need the stock 5.25 speaker mounts. Thats what the 6.5 adapters will bolt up to. I don't think they will bolt up to the 5x7 mounts which replaced the 5.25 speaker mounts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts