Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently added an amp and speakers, arc.audio 600.4 and hertz mille 6.5 in fairing. Since adding it seems like the balance is off. Maybe it was always like that or maybe more noticeable now with the extra power. I am having a hard time finding the balance setting on the boom radio. Did not see on radio, owners manual or Google. What am I doing wrong? Is there a setting on the amp?

Or maybe I am just deafer in one ear?

·
Registered
212 Posts
You didn't say what bike you have, but if it's a two speaker set up, you can't find it because it doesn't exist. Harley only puts balance and fade on bikes with more than two speakers. It's just a flash to the radio to get it, but it's not stock.

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You didn't say what bike you have, but if it's a two speaker set up, you can't find it because it doesn't exist. Harley only puts balance and fade on bikes with more than two speakers. It's just a flash to the radio to get it, but it's not stock.

TY, 2017 RGS. 2 speaker set only. So are you saying a flash at the dealer will allow me access to the balance opinion within the radio? Is there a flash option besides going to the dealer?

·
Registered
758 Posts
TY, 2017 RGS. 2 speaker set only. So are you saying a flash at the dealer will allow me access to the balance opinion within the radio? Is there a flash option besides going to the dealer?
Nope. If you add rear speakers (lids or tourpak) you can get a flash to fade between front and rear. There is no balance between left and right.

Assuming you have both speakers wired to the same channel of the arc there should be no difference side to side. Are you bridged to the speakers? If so and not wired properly or switches set incorrectly you could get a difference.

·
Registered
684 Posts
@madmat

If you bridged that amp and are running each speaker off of a seperate channel you may have the level on one just a touch off from the other one.

It wouldnt take much if that is the case, to notice a difference.

Nice set up BTW...

Mike

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@madmat

If you bridged that amp and are running each speaker off of a seperate channel you may have the level on one just a touch off from the other one.

It wouldnt take much if that is the case, to notice a difference.

Nice set up BTW...

Mike
TY all for your help, yes mike it is bridged. Sounds like the amp might need some tweeking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts