Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I just wanted to post something relaying my experience with the 6.5 Boom with a Boom amp, upgraded Boom fairing speakers and Boom speaker lids. I bought my bike last November and immediately went into storage, so I never got to hear the stereo.

Then I came here and read all the posts about the 6.5 system and the AVC issue and not being able to hear the stereo on the highway. So, I panicked and went and spent a bunch of money on the above mentioned upgrades/add-ons. THEN I read all the threads about those upgrades being garbage, lol.

I am no audiophile. In fact, I am probably losing my hearing. But I am extremely pleased with the sound coming out of the speakers. It is 100% audible at 80mph with little or no distortion. In fact, it may be too loud.

That said, I'm sure it's possible to get something louder and clearer. It can probably even be done cheaper. For me, I wanted the radio, speakers and amp to be warranted.

Just my .02

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Thank you for posting that. I want the warranty and ease of just letting the dealer do it and be done with it, but also be happy with the increase.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I am also considering getting the Boom speakers and amp for my RG2009. I right now have two speakers from J&M with no amp and I was not impress at all. And one of them now is damaged. I read many things like most of the people here, and everyone seems to have a different opinion and or experience. Like you say, it is hard to choose since for some, they are all good and for others, any type is shit so...

And I also want everything to be on a warranty or not having a dealer saying that it is creating a problem because it ain't from HD. All I wan't is to hear clearly at 120km/h and for everything to work fine.

·
JMJOHN
998 Posts
There is not one thing wrong with wanting Harley audio system upgrades to be under warranty by your Harley dealer ,,,,,

if the Harley Boom amplifier & speaker components give you what you want ,,,, at a fair price, then go for it ,,,,,

to really understand the differences between the systems however, take a look at this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a0p6IF2hS8 ,,,,,,

·
Registered
474 Posts
I have the BOOM audio upgrade on my 2015 RGS at times the system sounds good enough, but at high speeds i would prefer better quality sound. Since my system already has the BOOM 4ch 75w/channel amp, I am thinking of replacing the BOOM stage 1 speakers with the infinity kappa 62.11i for the fairing and infinity kappa 682.7cf for the speaker lids. Does anyone have this setup or know if it will be worth the money just upgrading the BOOM stage 1 speakers with the Infinity's ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
i just installed the stage 1 boom audio upgrade on my 2015 RGS. i did not notice any change in volume. i did notice a change in clarity and, if i am saying this correctly, volume strength. not any louder, but i don't have the volume variance i had. it doesn't fade in and out anymore. i assume the wind gust was causing that before, but not sure. i am looking into changing out the amp for something stronger.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hello I just wanted to post something relaying my experience with the 6.5 Boom with a Boom amp, upgraded Boom fairing speakers and Boom speaker lids. I bought my bike last November and immediately went into storage, so I never got to hear the stereo.

Then I came here and read all the posts about the 6.5 system and the AVC issue and not being able to hear the stereo on the highway. So, I panicked and went and spent a bunch of money on the above mentioned upgrades/add-ons. THEN I read all the threads about those upgrades being garbage, lol.

I am no audiophile. In fact, I am probably losing my hearing. But I am extremely pleased with the sound coming out of the speakers. It is 100% audible at 80mph with little or no distortion. In fact, it may be too loud.

That said, I'm sure it's possible to get something louder and clearer. It can probably even be done cheaper. For me, I wanted the radio, speakers and amp to be warranted.

Just my .02
I am in exactly the same camp as you on this. The only thing I would add is that it takes a better windshield than the stock one to truly appreciate the sound.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts