Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the inside of a Road Glide fairing we had torn down for bars last week and am wondering do the pieces the speakers are attached to now need to come out to put on the 6.5 adapter rings of do the adapter rings go in on top of that? I guess teh mesh is part of these adapters that are already present.

Thanks. One of these weeks I'll get my adapters ordered and install my painted inner and stereo.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
It's been a while since I did mine. But if I remember correctly the only thing to remove is the old speakers.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Yes you save the plastic piece that the original speaker mounts to. Without it there is nothing to mount the new speaker to.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got some dragonfly rings but they have mesh on them and are round which leads me to believe that they are for batwings only. Anyone know? I don't have them here so I don't have the part number with me.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I got some dragonfly rings but they have mesh on them and are round which leads me to believe that they are for batwings only. Anyone know? I don't have them here so I don't have the part number with me.
Agree. They are probably for the bat wing (mesh covers). Adapters should be universal. Dont quote me on that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to this an need a little help from some veteran gliders

Ok here we go, I am new to this site as well as a new road glide owner. I am just now getting into the stereo and speaker upgrades because factory is junk which I think a lot would agree. May be a dumb question I have but like I said I am new to the whole road glide thing... Question is; If I am just going to upgrade my factory speakers to a 6.5" speaker do I need to run an amp ? I know an amp is always better but wondering if I can go without one for a while and still get atleast a better sound by running the 6.5's.

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
JD what you may also want to consider is the OEM stereo isn't the best sounding especially after half volume, so better speakers may sound good, but if you crank the volume even the new speakers won't sound great.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rode with my full face today for the first time as my half helmet was in my saddlebags that got stolen last night. With a full face and the shield closed it is hard to hear the stereo. This might just delay the install a bit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts