Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got 3 different adapters (don't ask why) hawgwired, metra and sochi (spelling) all 3 are to thick. Trying to put hertz speakers in. The faring is hitting the back of the speakers. Any other adapters that are thinner?

·
Administrator
12,659 Posts
That sucks, but doesn't seem right. Have you tried shifting the adapters around? I have Hertz speakers so I know they fit, my Focals were even thicker.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Definitely try shifting the HW adapters around. They can be fitted about 3 different positions.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I just put focals in last night and they are touching the back of the fairing. Still got the fairing on just a tight fit

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Finally got them In. Now if I could get the inner and outer to match up. This thing is driving me nuts. :banghead:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thanks. Finally got them In. Now if I could get the inner and outer to match up. This thing is driving me nuts. :banghead:
when you get frustrated it's best to walk away for a while. Last thing you want is to cross-thread or even pull out one of the brass inserts for the screws. Take your time man.. it'll get there. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts