Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have decided to put a 2nd set of speakers in the lower fairings. Got my lowers and I am going to use the speaker pods that come on the CVO Street Glide. The pods are for 6.5" speakers and I am looking for suggestions for a good speaker that will withstand the weather. I may not leave the house if it is raining, but I don't stop riding just because it starts! Thanks in advance

·
Registered
324 Posts
Use a marine speaker just in case you get caught in the rain check out Exile audio sx65 they are marine and they sound great if you need some let me know

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Carisma, I'm not familiar with Exile speakers, can you give any comparison to anything like J&M, Kicker, or the Harley Boom? I know that it is a hard question, but I would like to try to get it right the first time, LOL! I was thinking about going with the Harley speakers that come in the CVO Steet Glide, but I am not committed to them

·
Registered
324 Posts
Well everyones ears are different so it will come down to your personal taste, but they sound better than j&m, way better than kicker, and even the speakers on the new street glide cvo. The speaker one the cvo are not that great my system walked all over it with just a amp and 1 pair of speakers at half volume. I hope this helps you out they sound almost as good as focal or hertz lower end lines..

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well you do have my attention. I know on a side by side test on the RGC the Kickers vs. J&M, the Kickers won out. They carried more bass! I am curious about these Exiles. Any photos?....and what kinda price are we talking?

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Hawg-Wired is debuting there "New" 6.5" speaker at the V-Twin X-po in Cincy tonite!
I hope to have a pic soon. Or keep an eye on there web-site as they mite post it on there to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts