Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a strange problem, 3 times today I would shift into 6th gear but get no gear indicator light, no big deal; except that every time it did it I could not set my cruise. Any ideas:confused:

·
Registered
587 Posts
Check the connection where the PCV plugs into the ECM. On mine, corrosion developed on the pins and the light/cruise would not work. Clean the contacts, coat with dielectric grease and put it back together. That solved my problems anyway.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Any new ideas on this? I now have this problem, and I have cleaned the terminals and applied dielectric grease and I still have the problem. I hate to take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
8,831 Posts
Have you done any work to the bike lately ? Keep us up dated on this. It looks like it might be a common problem.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
My bike just did this very same thing last week. It cleared when I shut the bike off, and back on again.

Jeff

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Keith from Fuel Moto helped me fix mine. It was caused by the PC-V. He had me go in and uncheck the box that said get data from ECM. That being said Dyna Jet said that I needed to get my ECM re flashed with the latest update. So if you don't have a PC-V then expect that would be your answer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts