Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well like the title says, its been 6 months since my wife and I have quit smoking. Honestly, all that money I was going to be saving, have not seen it, lol! oh well I guess I'm healthier for it and that is a good thing. One drawback with the Chantix is even though I weaned myself a lot earlier than the doc wanted (I was completely off it after 2 months, doc wanted me on it for 6 if I remember) I haven't had a solid night of sleep even being off the Chantix for as long as I have been. Doc prescribed sleeping pills that kind of helped but I hate to rely on pills for anything let alone being able to sleep! Plus I never really felt refreshed when I was taking them kinda like I was always in a haze. I pretty sure that the doctors aren't even aware of all the side effects of these drugs they hand out like candy.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Congrats. 2 weeks for me yesterday. I'm using the gum. Can't do Chantix due to medial reasons. Sleep? I barely slept when smoking and it is even worse now. My goal is to save enough for my bike payment each month which should not be a problem. We'll see how that works out in a few weeks. Physically I feel so much better. I can breathe clearly, smell things and taste my food again. It is a blessing. When I run out of gum I'll stop with the nicotine altogether. Already down to the 2MG after smoking 2 packs a day for many years.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Well like the title says, its been 6 months since my wife and I have quit smoking. Honestly, all that money I was going to be saving, have not seen it, lol! oh well I guess I'm healthier for it and that is a good thing. One drawback with the Chantix is even though I weaned myself a lot earlier than the doc wanted (I was completely off it after 2 months, doc wanted me on it for 6 if I remember) I haven't had a solid night of sleep even being off the Chantix for as long as I have been. Doc prescribed sleeping pills that kind of helped but I hate to rely on pills for anything let alone being able to sleep! Plus I never really felt refreshed when I was taking them kinda like I was always in a haze. I pretty sure that the doctors aren't even aware of all the side effects of these drugs they hand out like candy.
Congratulations. Can't think of a good enough reason to start again myself. Over 5 years now for my wife and I. Good luck ...the hard parts over.

Congrats. 2 weeks for me yesterday. I'm using the gum. Can't do Chantix due to medial reasons. Sleep? I barely slept when smoking and it is even worse now. My goal is to save enough for my bike payment each month which should not be a problem. We'll see how that works out in a few weeks. Physically I feel so much better. I can breathe clearly, smell things and taste my food again. It is a blessing. When I run out of gum I'll stop with the nicotine altogether. Already down to the 2MG after smoking 2 packs a day for many years.
Keep it up Drew. It gets easier with time.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Not the first time for me but when it is your only vice aside from caffeine you know how it is. I'll be fine. I feel like a new man. Just gotta stay away from smokers at the meetings ya know. Inside at breaks.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Not the first time for me but when it is your only vice aside from caffeine you know how it is. I'll be fine. I feel like a new man. Just gotta stay away from smokers at the meetings ya know. Inside at breaks.
LMFAO. No shit.... That second hand smoke will kill you lol.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Congratulations to the both of you, I quit January 2012 and like you I don't see any savings but the real savings is going on inside our body and that is better than the monatary savings that we can see. Ride long and enjoy life to the fullest.:D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Congrats on quitting. I have been quit 2 years after smoking 22 yrs. I still chew the 2mg Nicorette and occasional electric cig. on a bad day at work.
Don't give up, like one said before the feeling will pass after a bit. I have to find something to do to get my mind off it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I was using teh e cig at first and the gum and I was sleeping about 2 hours a night. I realized the extremely high nicotine content I was using in the vaporizer combined with the gum was keeping me up. Dropped the vaporizer then. Done with that.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Just a suggestion, Try adding some exercise into your daily routine. It should help you get a better night sleep.

And congrats on going smoke free. I can't imagine ever smoking again in my life. One of the best things I've ever done.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Quitting is just about the single best think that a person can do to improve health and finances simultaneously!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts