Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
101 - 120 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
2018 FLTRX
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Took 3 months to finally get the correct radiator, if I need another one I think I will go with a griffin....at least they're local.

Anyway radiator is in and transmission cooler lines are run. Need a battery and to finish a little electrical and I can start it.

Hope to start it by the end of the month and then order a column, gauges, get fuel door figured out and all the other small stuff.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 FLTRX
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Got the motor running and the few codes I had taken care of.

·
Gone But Not Forgotten
1,068 Posts
Got the motor running and the few codes I had taken care of.

FANTASTIC!!

It's always satisfying to hear the engine fire on one of these projects.

·
Registered
2018 FLTRX
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Got the dwb pedal installed today, took a lot of cutting, grinding, grafting and welding to get it to fit the way I wanted.

Going tomorrow to try and locate a middle jump seat from junk yard.

·
Registered
2018 FLTRX
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
The guy who sold me my seats had a tan folding seat/console. Picked it up today, going to try and get the seats squared up and the holes drilled tomorrow. Maybe make the spacers up I will need for the front mounts.

·
Registered
2018 FLTRX
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Seats install done, pulled them back out until I get carpet to install. Had to make 3 spacers for the front driver seat and middle console to sit on.

Welded washers to the spacer so its all one solid piece.

·
Registered
2018 FLTRX
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
Rerouted the wiring harness where the injectors come out and coil packs.

Got my electric fan put in, it reallllly moves some air.

·
Registered
2018 FLTRX
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Hood patches came out pretty rough....but there isn't anymore rotten metal in it.

Just need to cut out inner section that holds turn signals. Weld in the new section to hood and then reinstall/spot weld the inner section back in.

A lot of work but 150$ beats buying a new hood for $1k right now.

As long as it runs good and sounds mean idk if it looks a little rough.

Will surprise more people when they look at the interior/engine/under-carriage I think.

Reactions: ChromeSpark

·
Registered
2018 FLTRX
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Hood patch coming along, lines up very well. Got a nylon hammer from HF and got one of the dents knocked out of the hood.

Will work on it more tomorrow and try to finish up the rest of the spot welds on the outer piece and knock out the other dents.

Then need to get inner piece put back in and weld it in.

·
Registered
2018 FLTRX
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 · (Edited)
Still waiting on my column and gauges, shop estimated shipping date on column would be mid july and gauges another 4-5 weeks from today.

Ordered them on May 8th so its quite a back order for them. Ididit column and Dakota Digital gauges.

Supply chain issues is not what I was planning on, especially when I wanted to have it finished by this fall.

Luckily I don't have too much more to go after the column engages. I need to get the doors all put together a front and back glass and shift linkage and I should be able to drive it.

At least enough to figure out if I have any other issues with it before completing it hopefully by the end of the year not including the rest of the body and paint.

Reactions: twowheeladdict

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Still waiting on my column and gauges, shop estimated shipping date on column would be mid july and gauges another 4-5 weeks from today.

Ordered them on May 8th so its quite a back order for them. Ididit column and Dakota Digital gauges.

Supply chain issues is not what I was planning on, especially when I wanted to have it finished by this fall.

Luckily I don't have too much more to go after the column engages. I need to get the doors all put together a front and back glass and shift linkage and I should be able to drive it.

At least enough to figure out if I have any other issues with it before completing it hopefully by the end of the year not including the rest of the body and paint.

Hope you can get your parts soon, it took about 10 weeks before I got my dakota gauges for my 58. Truck is looking good! I got kicked in the nuts again on mine, had to pull the motor because the cam plug was leaking. Hopefully I'll have it back in this week.

·
Registered
2018 FLTRX
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
Yeah when In ordered them in May he said it could be 8-12 weeks on gauges. Column was only supposed to be 4 weeks.

Started working on my lights while I wat, front park lights, headlights and tail lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 FLTRX
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 · (Edited)
Headlight and tail light new lenses and harnesses/gaskets done. Waiting on some water proof connectors to wire it all in.

Haven't started it in probably a month or more while working on the hood. It fired right up and idles down perfectly, love the 5.3 swap.

Soo ready to get this thing on the road.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 FLTRX
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
Column came in, purchased a steering wheel from shop. They called when I got home and said they got an email that my gauges will ship next week.

Going to try and get the column painted this weekend, then got family staying for 2 weeks starting the next weekend so wont get much done during that time.

Reactions: ChromeSpark

·
Registered
2018 FLTRX
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 · (Edited)
Primed up waiting for it to dry so I can sand and paint. Hopefully get it finished and at least put in this weekend.

--- Paint came out pretty good, one run and a little orange peel but happy with how it came out. Will let it dry another day or two before I try to put it in.

Was drying for about 4-5 hrs before I brought it down from where I had it hanging.

101 - 120 of 143 Posts