Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
121 - 140 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
2018 FLTRX
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 · (Edited)
Really cool retro lights I found to use as my backup lights. Found them online and after searching mfg part# found they happened to stock them at Oreilleys.

Stock lights are 60$ each....these were $5.50 each including gaskets and bulb. And imho they look better than the stock ones.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 FLTRX
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 · (Edited)
Steering column, intermediate shaft and shift linkage is now in. Need to some adjustments on shift linkage so I can shift down past drive. Right now can shift through P-R-N-D-3 so working for now.

Put seat in and made sure I sit like I want, sits about like my 98 C1500 did.

Eventually would like to move column in another 2-3" but would need to trim dash for it to be able to move in more.

Got my Dakota Digital gauges mounted in housing, may try to run the wiring tomorrow and get those done.

Then just need to finish front lighting, sound deadening, bleed brakes and install the rest of my body parts.

I will be having a reman trans put in it and glass hopefully by this fall.

·
Registered
2018 FLTRX
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Going to try and space the stock dash mount down about 2" and get column further into dash tomorrow. Want to keep the factory mount on the dash b/c it already has a bracket for the brake switch.

None of the aftermarket drop mounts have the brake switch bracket. Will try using just nuts and if it works will make a spacer for the mount.

Then I can cut steering shaft once more and shaft linkage will clear the firewall for me to shift into lower gears.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Cool project!!! Nice work!!!

I’ve been working on my 63 C20 since last year; not to the extent you have though!
Fortunately, mine didn’t have too much rust. I also swapped in a front cross member from a 74 C20 with disc brakes - worthwhile addition.
Hoping to get rear discs installed soon. Then, maybe some cheap Tractor Paint.
Good Luck with the rest of your build!

·
Registered
2018 FLTRX
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
Cool project!!! Nice work!!!

I’ve been working on my 63 C20 since last year; not to the extent you have though!
Fortunately, mine didn’t have too much rust. I also swapped in a front cross member from a 74 C20 with disc brakes - worthwhile addition.
Hoping to get rear discs installed soon. Then, maybe some cheap Tractor Paint.
Good Luck with the rest of your build! View attachment 430196 View attachment 430197 View attachment 430198
Looking good hoping mine is at least moving around by the end of the year.

Trying to get column/linkage and front lights finished this weekend. Then need to go see the transmission shop and see how backed up they are.

Have a pretty large order I need to make for some door parts. Need pretty much everything but the regulator and hinges for both doors.

Reactions: Zedbra

·
Registered
2018 FLTRX
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 · (Edited)
Hood and fenders back on, drivers side didn't line up well with grill but looks good enough.

Need to wire my front lights and gauges, then set up to get a transmission built for it.

Got it off the jack stands and it sits pretty low, looking like a truck again. Ready to start driving it , going to leave it looking junky so I don't have to worry with any more dents/scratches.

Going to be a fun daily driver I think, looks old and beat down but have everything to do with driveability new.

Will likely get glass first, didn't think about getting rain in the cab without it if any rain hits while its at transmission shop. Glass and doors/latches installed and tape up door windows with plastic.

·
Registered
2018 FLTRX
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Got all exterior lights wired up and this week. Park/brake/turn signals/headlights are now all working.

Need to wire up my Dakota Digital command box and install the provided oil pressure/water temp sensor and run those wires. Clean up wiring coming from fuse box in cab still.

Have a rear window seal coming to install back glass. Once I get it put in I will schedule to have windshield done, then off to transmission shop.

When I get it back all I will need is doors assembled and installed then I can drive it around. Then will need to put in a bed floor and the wheel wells to be pretty well done.

Once glass and transmission is done I will start to see the light at the end of the tunnel lol. Pretty much aesthetics after those are done. Could drive without assembling doors other than latches for sure

Reactions: ChromeSpark

·
Registered
2018 FLTRX
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
Local company coming out next Wed to do my front and rear glass. Body harness just about finished up other than guages and other dash stuff I dont have yet like ac/radio/wipers.

Found a deal on a used Borla ProXS muffler locally that I picked up. Looks to be a tight fit but I measured and think the muffler shop I'm going to use can do it.

Got a front sway bar from cpp I will be putting in and all new door parts ready to go in once I have transmission done.

Hoping to be able to get it done soon, maybe early - mid Oct. Then I will only need to finish up a few other things to have it ready to start test driving. Carpet, bed floor, fuel filler, assemble doors and put seats back in.

·
Registered
2018 FLTRX
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 · (Edited)
Sound deadener mostly installed and painted dash gloss black. Glass goes in Wed, then need to do a few more things before I want to schedule transmission rebuild.

Need to install carpet, bed floor and finish installing sensors for gauges. Need oil and water temp sensors put in still. And might install parking brake cables and sway bar. Then just need an exhaust and to assemble and install my doors and it's ready to drive and see what all else I need.

An alignment for sure and whatever odds and ends pop up. Want to put in vintage air next spring to beat back the heat of summer.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sound deadener mostly installed and painted dash gloss black. Glass goes in Wed, then need to do a few more things before I want to schedule transmission rebuild.

Need to install carpet, bed floor and finish installing sensors for gauges. Need oil and water temp sensors put in still. And might install parking brake cables and sway bar. Then just need an exhaust and to assemble and install my doors and it's ready to drive and see what all else I need.

An alignment for sure and whatever odds and ends pop up. Want to put in vintage air next spring to beat back the heat of summer.

Looking good. Really good. You have talents my man.

·
Registered
2018 FLTRX
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Sway bar is installed and sensors for gauges are all in. All of the gauge pods now working, glass got rescheduled, windshield came in cracked so they ordered me another one.

·
Registered
2018 FLTRX
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 · (Edited)
Back glass is in, windshield will be put in latter this week.

Said they had not done this style of back glass before in a truck, only excavators.

It came out pretty good, the gasket needs to settle a little bit am happy with it.

·
Registered
2018 FLTRX
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 · (Edited)
Seats and carpet finally in, sold my brand new Honda Accord and picked up a older VW diesel as a daily so been working on it on and off.

Other than tie rods, shocks and ball joints it doesn't need anything. Swapping those items out the next weekend im off and getting an alignment.

But no car note now so can put money into my truck, car and bike.

Now for my truck all I need is a bed floor, doors assembled and transmission installed and it can be driven.

·
Registered
2018 FLTRX
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
Haven't done anything else to my truck in quite awhile. Got some training for work this year that going to take up most of my time.

But going to try and at least finish the bed floor and assemble/install both doors.

Then all it will need is the transmission rebuilt which I will save for 2023 when I will be able to actually drive it and get full use of the warranty I hope I wont need on the trans.

Seen this sound on the tiktok app and decided to make my first video on their.

Poor thing just been sitting, did fire it up today and got it to temp and checked fluids. Still runs great and no issues with it actually idling and such, just doesnt move.

·
Registered
2018 FLTRX
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
Just about done with my first trip to Germany been a long 2.5 months of training. Ready to get home and ride my motorcycle and look at my truck for an few weeks before heading back.

Going to try and get the doors on my truck assembled and installed when I yet back from the next trip over here.

Then need a bed floor and transmission and I will likely re-do some of my electrical work. Want to add a relay box under the hood instead of just having individual relays bolted to fender.

·
Registered
2018 FLTRX
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
Need new tires as soon as I get back from my second trip to Germany on my bike. Think I made 10k on this rear and its shot too much freeway riding maybe lmao. Going back to the Dunlops front and rear on this tire change if I can find them, if not may try something else they have in stock.

Thought maybe low tire pressure but everytime I check the rear its at 40-41 psi cold. Nice chicken strip though hahah. Didn't realize it was this bad, checked pressure but never looked at tread I guess.

Truck fired right up when I got back, got a new relay/fuse box to go under the good and replace to 3 relays I have mounted to fender for fans and starter. Should look a whole lot better when I get it all wired up.

Tire Wheel Shoe Automotive tire Leg

·
Registered
2018 FLTRX
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 · (Edited)
Will be trying out the American Elites this time, ordered a set at my local shop and they are ordering and then holding them for me until I get back at the end of July.

Also went ahead and got everything ready for my 15k service, only a few miles away so going to do a 3 hole service, new tires and do a semi
-cross country ride when I return from Germany.

Brown Bottle Liquid Table Fluid

121 - 140 of 143 Posts