Road Glide banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
windshield Q's?? 6'8 newbie here

often read....new to the forum. was reading opinions on windshields kinda like the freedom shields. im 6'8 and wondering if the 18" will work with 16" apes?? worried about the turning radius, will the bars hit the shield when turning at slow speeds/parking it? thnx fer any info! klok werx on her now mighty close to the bars at full turn. 13' glide, w 16" carlini's. 03' king w 18"

·
The Greatest Moderator on The Internet
13,014 Posts
Welcome, from New York, to The Greatest Forum on The Internet!
I've run different shields but wasn't happy til I put on the Madstad.
If you do a search you will see that most of us love the Madstad.
Others will chime in on the shields they like.
Best of luck!
Mike U.

·
Registered
8,382 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Welcome from Iowa!!!!!! I run a windvest but the freedom shield really looks good. That might be my next one!!!!

·
Registered
7,020 Posts
Welcome from Maryland. Look for a shield that goes up verses up and back. My LRS Mako goes more up and less back and I believe Windvest does also. I had the same problem with a Cee Bailys Euro and my bars were only 10".

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Welcome from NH
I had an '07 with 16" apes and now a '13 with a 16" Freedom Shield and 14" apes. I'm 6'5" and I like my bars forward, perpendicular to the road, which wasn't a problem with my Road King with no windshield. With the taller shield on the Road Glide they have to be 'in line' with your forks or they will hit in a tight turn. I did hear of one guy who trimmed the corners of his windshield which helped.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome from NTX!

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Welcome from Fort Mill, another Madstad fan here. I promise it will be cheaper in the long run.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.