Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had a corban on my Indian for years no issues , but im not looking at spending $700 for a seat , i would like to keep the price down around $300 if possible , I would love to know what my tall brothers are doing , pictures of you guys roughly my height on one of your seats would be awesome!!! Also , your thoughts on being tall seat positions and what not, other mods would be great!

·
Registered
213 Posts
At that height you may be in for a few adjustments.

Seats:
LePera Daddy Long legs
The Harley CVO seat is nice and moves you back
Mustang day tripper or wide tripper. (I run the day tripper. I am 6'3.)

Might need to do floor board extensions or possibly look into forward controls so you can really throw them forward.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
At that height you may be in for a few adjustments.

Seats:
LePera Daddy Long legs
The Harley CVO seat is nice and moves you back
Mustang day tripper or wide tripper. (I run the day tripper. I am 6'3.)

Might need to do floor board extensions or possibly look into forward controls so you can really throw them forward.
Bingo !!!!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Yep. Just saw the pic you posted of yourself on the ride. A seats only gonna move you so far. You gotta gets those foot controls out away from you. Great pics BTW

·
Registered
613 Posts
You are certainly a big man! Because you are trying to keep you seat cost to around $300 I would suggest considering sending it to one of the companies that modify your stock seats. They can move your seating position back as far as possible and add whatever padding you desire. They will make recommendations on this based on your weight etc. I would also consider adding the HD or other brand of extended brake and shift levers to move the position forward and add the footboard extenders to move them out away from the motor and adding bannaboards footboards. Good luck on finding what will work to make your riding position more comfortable for you.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I had Mean City Cycles modify my 2016 Road Glide Ultra seat, but the options in moving me back and down were constrained by the design of the seat pan. The modification was good but just limited. That may cause you to look at a different seat vs. modification of existing seat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just purchased a Lepera Super Villain Seat, much wider than the standard Villain. Spoke with a rep at Lepera and was told the seat position of the Super Villain is approx 1.5 to 2 in further back than stock, something that's not mentioned on their website or listings. I've yet to receive it and will report back once I have a chance to see the goods.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts