Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to put 4 6x9s two in each bag. I do want loud but I care about quality more than anything. Want a clean clear sound. Not sure if I should go with Polk mm651 or jl mx650 or The infinity speakers. A buddy of mine has infinity and they do sound good but all reviews show the other 2 have a better sound quality. What brand are you sound heads going with?

I also don't want to order new lining for fin what are you replacing those speakers with 6x5s or 5x7s?

Was looking to use one of the new ken wood decks. Is a certain wiring company better than others I've seen on here? I want my hand controls to still work

Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
Hertz for the 6x9s

Hawg Wired or Biketronics for the wiring kit.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Agreed. Hertz HCX 690
According to the reviews the Focal PC 690 is a better speaker, I don't know. It actually cost a little less also. I have the Polk MM's in my bags right now, they're good, but I've been told the Hertz and Focal will provide more bass...... this stuff gets expensive. :eek:

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
According to the reviews the Focal PC 690 is a better speaker, I don't know. It actually cost a little less also. I have the Polk MM's in my bags right now, they're good, but I've been told the Hertz and Focal will provide more bass...... this stuff gets expensive. :eek:
Those are rated at 50 less watts of power handling. Does it really matter? Fug if I know.

·
Registered
106 Posts
why go 6x9? I can get you custom lids that hold either 7.7 or new 8.8 jl audio speakers .Or you can use speaker of choice. They look killer plus angeled towards you for sound. I personally do not like the 6x9 option because the sound goes straight up. I sell these lids with or without speakers.If interested pm me and we can talk more. I think you would be happy with this option and ability to hear the sound.:)

·
Registered
587 Posts
why go 6x9? I can get you custom lids that hold either 7.7 or new 8.8 jl audio speakers .Or you can use speaker of choice. They look killer plus angeled towards you for sound. I personally do not like the 6x9 option because the sound goes straight up. I sell these lids with or without speakers.If interested pm me and we can talk more. I think you would be happy with this option and ability to hear the sound.:)
I have the Hertz, but you can't go wrong with a high end Focal either. Do it right, loud, and clean the first time. If you can't afford the good stuff....WAIT and save up the money until you can. You don't want to play the "wouldah couldah shouldah" game over and over in your mind when you pull up next to a bike with a kick-ass system. Go BIG or go home is my mantra! :cool:

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I have the Hertz, but you can't go wrong with a high end Focal either. Do it right, loud, and clean the first time. If you can't afford the good stuff....WAIT and save up the money until you can. You don't want to play the "wouldah couldah shouldah" game over and over in your mind when you pull up next to a bike with a kick-ass system. Go BIG or go home is my mantra! :cool:
Oh, Im already 2nd guessing myself. Thinking about selling the Hertz Hcx 165 and going with the Xl's. May even ditch the JL xd400 and just buy a Hd600 or Hertz HDP4.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
What's better 4ohm or 2ohm set up.. Leaning towards hert and I believe they are 4..
Really depends on the overall set up. I'm going with hertz 6.5s in the fairing and Hertz 6x9s in the lids. All 4 ohm. Running a JL 4 channel amp. If you are using a 2 ohm stable amp though running 2 ohm speakers is a good way to squeeze some extra power out of it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
ScreenHunter_20 Dec. 01 15.57.jpg

Infinity Kappa is your best bang for your buck. Here is a comparison of all the speakers mentioned within the same price point with Focal being the most expensive. Infinity has the best frequency response, sensitivity, RMS power handling and best warranty along with Sony. Installed properly with a good amp and you cant go wrong.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
View attachment 74769

Infinity Kappa is your best bang for your buck. Here is a comparison of all the speakers mentioned within the same price point with Focal being the most expensive. Infinity has the best frequency response, sensitivity, RMS power handling and best warranty along with Sony. Installed properly with a good amp and you cant go wrong.
The issue I've had and will continue to have with the Kappas is their two ohm impedance. To me that compromises some flexibility.

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
I run kappas 6x9s & personally I haven't heard anything better in that speaker size & definitely in their price range. I've learned that High cost audio equipment doesn't alway equate to top notch sound. But, what do I know, I'm just a Do-It-Yourselfer..

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
I run kappas 6x9s & personally I haven't heard anything better in that speaker size & definitely in their price range. I've learned that High cost audio equipment doesn't alway equate to top notch sound. But, what do I know, I'm just a Do-It-Yourselfer..

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Who would have figured you would like ANYTHING with Kappa in the name ;)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts