Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW! Says it all. The speaker upgrade alone is fantastic. I wasn't completely convinced that speakers alone would make a big difference and figured I would have to buy an amp as well. I still might because "too much is never enough". And I havn't gone for a test ride yet, but the garage test blew me away on how much it is improved.
I just need J&M customer service to call me back and tell me how to orient these acoutic pads. The instructions show the old style pads and the ones I have are the new style are shaped differently and have cutouts. Wondering what in the world those are for. John?

·
Registered
331 Posts
I just installed the new style pads and the cutouts seem to give spkr. magnets more clearance. I put the radius of the pad up against headlight housing and pressed in for a crease where the farring bends up above middle line. They do make a noticable difference. The amp WILL make a much Bigger difference. Enjoy the sickness!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks concreteman. I installed with the norrow end with radius against the headlight, cutout to the rear, with the bottom of the pad just above the bottom "bend" or transition line in the fairing. I should have taken a picture.... dang it! Went on a road test tonight and VIOLA! I could actually hear my radio at 75 mph. Now I'm thinking "how much better would it be with an amp?"

·
Registered
331 Posts
So much better that it will make you start thinking about more spkrs. another amp, larger motor, 21 front wheel, painted inner fairing, gauge mods, and a WHOLE bunch of other mods!! I CANT wait for my 21 front to be ready! Now I gotta save up for fork mods. See a trend? Anyway amp and rockers make my ride even more enjoyable! Enjoy the sickness!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Painted inner fairing..... CHECK. Its still on order though. And while waiting for that I decide to order an oil temp gauge to replace the ambient air temp gauge. Yes.......its a sicknesss. :D

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry bout that CHI_TOWN. I just get carried away and can't stop. But there are several detailed videos made by J&M themselves. Check out their website.

·
Registered
17 Posts
When?

Kanglide13 ,,,,,,

I agree ,,, there is no better single upgrade for your Harley audio system, then the J&M 7.25" Performance series fairing speakers ,,,, see HRSK-7252GTM Product Information ,,,,,,,
I ordered a paid of these from an online retailer over 6 months ago and they tell me they are still on backorder. Any idea when the will be available?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just found out about these. I have the Cerwin Vega b52 in my 2013 RG custom. Will the b52 push them?

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Just found out about these. I have the Cerwin Vega b52 in my 2013 RG custom. Will the b52 push them?

It would probably push them to much. These speakers are not crazy high end power handling monsters. They are a fairly low buck option that works great with factory power. They won't win any sound quality competitions, but you can hear them at 80mph on a windy KS day.

I have them in my 08, hit me up some time and you can come hear them.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It would probably push them to much. These speakers are not crazy high end power handling monsters. They are a fairly low buck option that works great with factory power. They won't win any sound quality competitions, but you can hear them at 80mph on a windy KS day.

I have them in my 08, hit me up some time and you can come hear them.
Thanks man. Thats kinda what i was worried about. The description on the website claims they can be driven by an amp, but also says 140 watts max. That's disappointing

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Thanks man. Thats kinda what i was worried about. The description on the website claims they can be driven by an amp, but also says 140 watts max. That's disappointing

My hopes for a cheap system was to find another pair to put in the inner fairing facing the forks and drive that with a small 4 channel amp like the Soundstream.

My buddy just ordered a pair of these from a retailer for cheap, I think $160 ish. I think for speakers only, they are great. I also think if you want some real sound quality and volume you are going to be pushing $1k for a system. For now, these performance series fit the bill.

·
Registered
77 Posts
My hopes for a cheap system was to find another pair to put in the inner fairing facing the forks and drive that with a small 4 channel amp like the Soundstream.

My buddy just ordered a pair of these from a retailer for cheap, I think $160 ish. I think for speakers only, they are great. I also think if you want some real sound quality and volume you are going to be pushing $1k for a system. For now, these performance series fit the bill.
Yeah i already have the b52 installed. Not gonna pull that out. But i f'ed up 1 of my kappas so im speaker shopping now. Thought these looked cool, but i guess i'll have to keep looking

1 - 15 of 15 Posts