Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a little help.... Have JM 7.5 performance and the 360 amp... Good sound while playing CD... But I run my IPOD mainly...

I turn the HD HU up completely and the IPOD completely down... Then adjust the volume through the IPOD until just before it distorts... Lock the IPod... And I'm off and running...

However, certain tones will cause a popping snapping noise.... Only with the IPOD...

I was told that the additional output from the IPoD causes this... The volume I like is at that junction...

Would upgrading to the Rocker XTs solve my problem???

Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ouch... That's backwards and you can blow your speakers even if they have a higher power rating then your output... Those pops are rough on them. Instead crank your iPod and use your HD head unit volume as you would for a CD... If there is any distortion dial the iPod down a few clicks until sound is clear...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
JMJOHN
1,002 Posts
papayak,,,,,

when you say "POPPING" sounds from the iPod ,,, I am trying to get a handle on what you are referring to ,,,,,,,,,,

is it the sound made by the iPod when you are adjusting the volume up and down ? ,,,,,,,,

as per your description, it sounds like you are adjusting the overall volume correctly, in conjunction with the handlebar HK radio volume control ,,,,,,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts