Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for a 2014 103"

I've got an appointment in a few weeks to have a set of TW-777 cams and a Fat Cat with the quite baffle installed but I'm starting to worry its going to be TOO loud. I'm second guessing the setup and considering canceling the installation.

I run a V&H power dual and Rineheart 4" setup on my RG.... any opinions on if its going to be much louder than that?

·
Registered
6,183 Posts
You've ridden behind my old bike and know how loud it was. Best way to compare to your RG now is to have someone ride it in front you. If it wasn't raining, I'd offer to help you with that :D

·
Registered
6,183 Posts
Now for the serious reply. You said the other night that you're surprised at the pull with that cam in the 103. My suggestion is to forget the cam for the time being and do the exhaust with a tune. Ride it and see how you like it. That 2-1 will boost that torque even more over the stock exhaust. You can always do the cams later.

·
Administrator
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now for the serious reply. You said the other night that you're surprised at the pull with that cam in the 103. My suggestion is to forget the cam for the time being and do the exhaust with a tune. Ride it and see how you like it. That 2-1 will boost that torque even more over the stock exhaust. You can always do the cams later.
I was considering that as an option as well.

·
Registered
318 Posts
MMMMMMMMMMMMMM! More than likely you WILL put cams in. IJS why tune it twice. To answer your question I guess I can't because I love loud lol. But seriously I had Rhineharts and the D&D's are louder especially open throttle!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Your on the right track going 2 into 1 IMO.. But the D&D is not your choice if quiet is your goal. The 777's And a nice pipe sound great thou. Just not quiet. You could always try extra packing to help with noise.

Earplugs or earbuds with music is what I use on long trip with FF helmet.

Don't rule out a Drago's also.. I have no regrets

But first, you should change the fairing and then worry about cams. :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your on the right track going 2 into 1 IMO.. But the D&D is not your choice if quiet is your goal. The 777's And a nice pipe sound great thou. Just not quiet. You could always try extra packing to help with noise.

Earplugs or earbuds with music is what I use on long trip with FF helmet.

Don't rule out a Drago's also.. I have no regrets

But first, you should change the fairing and then worry about cams. :rolleyes:
Good point Z. I'm not going to 2nd guess it... I ride with ear buds in on trips. Plus if it's to bad I'll drop the Fat Cat and go a different direction.

I always tell myself I want something quieter but then I get around folks with beefy motors and I start drooling. I was completely enamored with Mikes Fat Cat setup... NeverDones stage 4 is on my wishlist someday.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I have the WOODS 777 and a thunder header 2 into 1 and a PC5
Its fast and great pull and sounds killer.

I want to upgrade , to a Harley race tune or a thunder max
what unite is best out there ,I have a base map in the pc5
but no dyno tune .Think I could get more from the bike ,and a note
for that cam they sugest a bump in comp:i did that shaved the heads
30 thous; and a cometic gasket less 30 thous : target comp 10.4:1

Any info on best choice would be great:confused:

·
Registered
7,562 Posts
I will be able to give some input next week.

·
Administrator
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I going to use my PowerVision from the RG, just buying a 2nd license for the new bike.

The dealer swears by the 777 cams, the service manager said they install the 777 on about 75% of the bikes they do cams on. When he asked what cam i wanted I said I was looking at the 777, 222, 555 mostly.... Thats when he told me how popular the 777 was.

FuelMoto's dynos sheets show it performs neck and neck with the 555. From my reading the 777 more potential down the road if I decide to do heads or head work.

I'm not sure I've ever seen any negative reviews or bad experiences with the 777. Seems like there was allot of folks going with the 777 few years back when they first came out, but not much reference recently...

I was just wondering if it was too much for me (if there is such a thing).

Q - you having something done? Mine goes in on the 15th.

·
Registered
7,562 Posts
Dmize, I've heard good thing about it and how it can be used with an upgraded motor. Mine will be done by Wednesday, I hope. We'll see.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
103 Posts
Had same build dun by FM begining of march, just hasn't been nice enough to go for a ride yet, work or rain and cold. wisconsin weather.
I know I'm happy with how it dyno'd, but thats all I can tell ya.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts