Road Glide banner

361 - 380 of 409 Posts

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
I just rode about 60 miles of nice middle Tennessee backroads to the north end of the Natchez Trace. I am now sitting outside at the Loveless Cafe awaiting breakfast.

I will post up the route later and we may want to ride it next year, or at least a variation of it for our Sunday ride.
418D9AB4-8212-4F4F-9B1D-BA4F1D8B2271.jpeg

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Great place to eat breakfast or lunch, just don’t want to be in a hurry. You would want to call ahead for a large group fo sho!

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
That’s a little harsh. We’ve eaten there many times and though there can be a bit of a wait, the meals have never disappointed us.
LOL. I guess my tastes buds are a little more demanding. I’d have rather of gone to Cracker Barrel. I think the wait and the hype just killed it for me.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
No wait this morning at Loveless Cafe. For me no food is worth a wait, unless the wait includes entertainment. Definitely the ride makes the destination worth it. Came down 12 to Ashland, then River Road to 70 to McCrary (??) to 100

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
We are home. Thanks to everyone for making this such an awesome weekend every year. Angie and I look forward to it so much and the past few years it has been our only getaway together so has special meaning for us

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Made it home at 1700. 614 miles .
When you think about this you have to be impressed.
One bike leaves WI at 0300 in the rain, comes up on a bike sitting on the side of 294 in Chicago. That bike jumps out in the lead . Seamless ride and turn south on 57. Stop for gas and pick up another bike. head south to Mt Veron turn left towards IN. ride a bit turn right head south to Henderson KY. With a minor turn around stop meet others and eat. Take off south and end up in Clarksville.
A plan that was put together and carried out to almost perfection. Not many could pull this off.with out a lot of confusion. The trip there , the rides while there and return home and we lost no one.
When you ride with this crew it is clear, they know how to ride, they know how to ride as a group.
I did hear it mentioned that we should call this the 7th annual Patti's I 24 run. Some times weather dictates the ride. This year while it did have it's effects , it did not stops us.
Thank you all for a ride that was really needed. To those that missed it I hope you make it next year.
2022 is just around the corner For Appleton WI. Start looking at if ASAP. Look around this crew is getting older every year.

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
What a great (4) days - Rolled out at 7a to meet Smitty on the side of the Hwy as he rolled the Hack South and 1442 miles, ton of dead bugs, tested rain gear, great food, great riding and plenty of laughs later....I am back in the barc-o-lounger waiting for Mon Night Football to kick off - Gotta say, about as smooth sailing as you could ask for - I57 slabbing there and back where over 80% of the time the CC was set at 83 and just chilled

Met even more great folks on the trip and this site just keeps getting better

Count me in for the next one for sure

361 - 380 of 409 Posts