Road Glide banner

381 - 400 of 409 Posts

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
Was another great get together with good eatin and good friends and a little motorcyclin too! Good to meet some folks for the first time like Eddie, Jeff, David, Joe and Melanie, and another Arkie, Bill. Hope to see y’all again soon. Stay safe
Ben my friend.....your new Digs are something, thanks for having us over amigo

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
What a great (4) days - Rolled out at 7a to meet Smitty on the side of the Hwy as he rolled the Hack South and 1442 miles, ton of dead bugs, tested rain gear, great food, great riding and plenty of laughs later....I am back in the barc-o-lounger waiting for Mon Night Football to kick off - Gotta say, about as smooth sailing as you could ask for - I57 slabbing there and back where over 80% of the time the CC was set at 83 and just chilled

Met even more great folks on the trip and this site just keeps getting better

Count me in for the next one for sure
I might add justice was served to an aggressive car drive that annoyed us. Seems he had his has full with a couple IL LEO.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Mine was still a tad damp this morning as well - Thx for getting us home in that Rain my man - I could not see shit and just laser focused on your rear lights.......as I knew you knew that tarmac well
No worries. Hopefully next time there’s better weather and we can take a more enjoyable route.

·
Administrator
10,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #387
Smitty ever the wordsmith .........................

Each year just gets better and I feel two days on location was a good idea , and those that have been to all of these I am sure will agree , out of the various and sundry locations we have stayed at , dives and nice joints , the motel and the location so far are the best .. Manager went out of her way ( and prolly against social distancing guidelines ) and allowed us to set up under the gazebo at night and swap lies .. All she asked was we clean up and re stow the chairs ...

I never really expected this to take off like it has , the first year we had four , only two were RG forum peeps , and it slowly grew .. I would have to look at the previous year threads and see , but I believe last year was the best turn out , I think there was 22 , this year was 19 ..

And finally , Patti's was open ..

Already looking at next year ..

Thanks to everyone who showed up .. Those that had to bail , we understand , especially with all the "stuff" happening now ..

JtB

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Echo all the sentiments.

Smitty,
I especially appreciate your comments about how this group rides. I normally get nervous with more than 3 or 4 bikes because there is usually one or two idiots or people who just don't have the experience. Not the case here at all.

Craig,
My seat was dry today. And even though David was the only person who used it, appreciate the route you shared.

Ben and Wanda,
Thank you for showing us your rig and providing an example of my dream. Actually a better example than my vision. I think Angie is on board now!!

Always great to spend time with people we already know and meeting in person people I know through the forum. I hope Angie and my lives settle down so we can follow through on the desires to spend more time meeting people halfway for lunches or even the occasional overnighters like we talk about every year.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
I hope Angie and my lives settle down so we can follow through on the desires to spend more time meeting people halfway for lunches or even the occasional overnighters like we talk about every year.
Whats more American Than a Bulldog Wearing a Stars and Stripes Bandana?

She's a Beaut......but she ain't no '01

Thx again man...I owe you a Gatorade still too

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Whats more American Than a Bulldog Wearing a Stars and Stripes Bandana?

She's a Beaut......but she ain't no '01

Thx again man...I owe you a Gatorade still too
Of all the fun moments I think that was my favorite.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Glad it went so well! Happy for all y’all! Next year I will do my dam...t to be there! Thanks for all the pics! Really appreciate them! At my brothers in Roanoke with my youngest; about to nod off so LATER

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Echo all the sentiments.

Smitty,
I especially appreciate your comments about how this group rides. I normally get nervous with more than 3 or 4 bikes because there is usually one or two idiots or people who just don't have the experience. Not the case here at all.

Craig,
My seat was dry today. And even though David was the only person who used it, appreciate the route you shared.

Ben and Wanda,
Thank you for showing us your rig and providing an example of my dream. Actually a better example than my vision. I think Angie is on board now!!

Always great to spend time with people we already know and meeting in person people I know through the forum. I hope Angie and my lives settle down so we can follow through on the desires to spend more time meeting people halfway for lunches or even the occasional overnighters like we talk about every year.

Over 50 years of riding , I have ridden with many people. Some good some down right scary. None come close to the RG crew.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Uncle fuzzy was unable to make the trip this year. Also Payton could not come. Her dad being home ,school PT and OT staring back up after months of being shut down due to COV19.
Uncle fuzzy sent her a a letter and gift of a Harley shirt. She maybe in a wheel chair but she is as much a rider as any of us. Thank you Uncle Fuzzy.
She said they would never allow skulls in schools but she can wear it anywhere else.

https://flic.kr/p/2jGQo6M
https://flic.kr/p/2jGPDff

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
We had a great time. Should have made the Sun night stayover but had other things on the agenda including lunch with Deb's co-worker planned already. Drove through that downpour most of the way to Maggie. It stopped ling enough to get the bike unloaded then started back up for a few more hours. Left the bike sit under the cover all day yesterday while we took a lazy drive up to PD to meet more friends from Michigan and to give the back and neck a rest.

Depending on the dates and what all is going on next year, we may be able to make it happen again. Always love the smaller GTGs as it seems more personal getting to chat with everyone.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
Of all the fun moments I think that was my favorite.
Not ready to let the party end - Washed and wearing with Pride

Side bar...I packed for "Fall" weather as that is what the Temps showed.....Ben's Better half (Thx for the Education Wanda) pointed out to me the fine print in the Weather read out that says "Feels Like" that factors in Humidity - I had Long Sleeve Tees, Flannels and such and only a (2) short sleeve Tees for (4) days of Hot and Humid Riding - Bleachey went to the HD store in town and got me this with the "nothing is more American" preface I stated earlier

Attachments

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Not ready to let the party end - Washed and wearing with Pride

Side bar...I packed for "Fall" weather as that is what the Temps showed.....Ben's Better half (Thx for the Education Wanda) pointed out to me the fine print in the Weather read out that says "Feels Like" that factors in Humidity - I had Long Sleeve Tees, Flannels and such and only a (2) short sleeve Tees for (4) days of Hot and Humid Riding - Bleachey went to the HD store in town and got me this with the "nothing is more American" preface I stated earlier
Glad to do it, but I was referring to the Gatorade moment.

Eddie, trying to unnecessarily "repay" me for the tshirt, which was repayment for Starbucks for my wife and breakfast for me, which was supposedly repayment for him following me to a store to buy a toothbrush....
Anyway we were at a gas station, SE was in front of me buying a beverage. He turned around and snatched the Gatorade Zero from my hand and said I owe you or something like that. The cashier rings it up, gives the total and SE says, "I forgot my wallet." I paid before he had time to run back to his bike.

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
Almost forgot to give a special shout to my man @BobRG15 - Any chance I get to hang with this cat is always good for some gut bustin laughs and from the first (30) seconds we pulled into the Hotel lot...he delivered

You see the post from Smitty about the T Shirt for Payton from Uncle Fuzzy.....well, Bob played deliver boy and brought it up from FLA - So as soon as we get off the bikes, Bob hands Smitty the gift...I see this and fire off a smart ass comment like "I guess you need a SideCar to get any presents around here huh...what gives man?" to which Bob smiles, reaches into his pocket and pulls out a Bell for me...I took that bait hook, line and sinker and he delivered me a Bell for the 2020 - Love that guy - Even more so when I have to avg 90mph to keep up with him as he is leading us all and when we hit the 2nd turn around from going the wrong way, I say, "Do you even know where this place is?" to which he replies, "Nope...but we'll find it"......god I love that about a leader !!!

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
Glad to do it, but I was referring to the Gatorade moment.

Eddie, trying to unnecessarily "repay" me for the tshirt, which was repayment for Starbucks for my wife and breakfast for me, which was supposedly repayment for him following me to a store to buy a toothbrush....
Anyway we were at a gas station, SE was in front of me buying a beverage. He turned around and snatched the Gatorade Zero from my hand and said I owe you or something like that. The cashier rings it up, gives the total and SE says, "I forgot my wallet." I paid before he had time to run back to his bike.
Ha....I always carry my wallet in my front, right pocket....we were racing the rain and did not have our rain suits on so "thinking ahead" I took my wallet out and put it in the saddle bags so as not to get soaked if we get caught out - Totally forgot when I went inside for a cold drink

As for the Toothbrush thing, I needed contact solution too so it worked out and Starbucks was RIGHT there so we kinda had to

381 - 400 of 409 Posts