Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished the conversion this afternoon and was able to fire up the system for the first time, and I couldn’t be happier!

The new setup:
  • XEL amp racks completely filling out the inner fairing
  • Insane Asylum 8” speaker pods bonded on
  • Sony 7000 head unit
  • Dayton DSP 408 sound processor
  • 2 x SD1200.4 2 ohm amps, 1 x SD400.4 amp
  • 4 x Ground Zero 8” Yellow Baskets in the saddlebags (each getting 300 Watts)
  • 2 x Ground Zero 8” Red Baskets in the fairing (each getting 400 Watts)
  • 2 x Hertz ST25 tweeters in the fairing (each getting 60 Watts)
Pics of the process

Still need to paint the grills, but I’ve got a ride to the mountains tomorrow so they’ll have to come back off after that.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow - that is a very cool upgrade. How much time you figure you have into the body work?
Just a few hours Fiberglassing the vent holes closed. About an hour prepping to bond the pods on. A day of Bondo Glass work. Another few hours with finish bondo work. All told I spent a little time last Friday, all day Saturday, then a few more hours Sunday. Painted at my buddies shop last Friday.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Impressive work! I’d love to hear it.
I’m guessing you don’t want to ride from AZ to NC for that ;0). I’ll try to get a video or two to post.

Reactions: azgrumbles

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
This is at another level. Looks awesome and I’m sure it sounds amazing.

Reactions: Re-Do

·
Registered
376 Posts
That’s impressive! Congrats on a great looking job! I’d love to see it and hear it sometime. Awesome work!

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Wow, looking forward to hearing that and seeing it finished, for now anyway lol.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Wow... great work. I looked at the pics first before reading, and I thought you bought a new inner fairing. Then I read it. Wow! Amazing work my friend!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,440 Posts
Damn!!!!
That's extremely impressive Brother!
Congrats on a job well done.
Looking forward to hearing how You're enjoying Your New Audio System.
Mke U.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Nice work there! Must be nice to have all those body work and paint skills, you probably saved yourself $1500. And who would have guessed you could fit all those amps in a RG fairing?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Great job Re-Do!! Hope there is no more redos!
You are going to hear some interesting setups up there in the mountains. The guys running "Same brand" stuff is a interesting test. Should be a great time

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great job Re-Do!! Hope there is no more redos!
You are going to hear some interesting setups up there in the mountains. The guys running "Same brand" stuff is a interesting test. Should be a great time
We are in Maggie Valley now. Been having a great time for the last couple of days. Juice (from the other forum) tuned my setup tonight and HOLY SH!T... It came alive!

I'll post a video in the next couple of days for you guys but these guys are a great group of guys.

Reactions: Bevis and Mike U

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That’s impressive! Congrats on a great looking job! I’d love to see it and hear it sometime. Awesome work!
We can definitely make that happen... you're only about 90 minutes from me in Charlotte. Pick a day and a meeting spot!

·
Registered
7,440 Posts
We are in Maggie Valley now. Been having a great time for the last couple of days. Juice (from the other forum) tuned my setup tonight and HOLY SH!T... It came alive!

I'll post a video in the next couple of days for you guys but these guys are a great group of guys.
Juice is "The Man" congrats Bro I know Your System is Rocking The House now.
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Yes he is. Juice gave me the tune for my lid speakers. Have a great time

Reactions: Mike U

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes he is. Juice gave me the tune for my lid speakers. Have a great time
You won’t meet a better dude in person. He and his wife are great people!

Reactions: Mike U

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Fabrication is on point! Looks fantastic man! I’m curious how those tweeters end up sounding aiming at the speedo/tach console.

·
Registered
376 Posts
We can definitely make that happen... you're only about 90 minutes from me in Charlotte. Pick a day and a meeting spot!
Sounds great! We could meet in the Statesville area any time or you could head this way and we will hit the mountain twists for a while. Just let me know what suits you.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here are a few videos I made today. Pardon how dirty it is, I got caught in the rain yesterday. I have a few rattles to chase down, and the grills need to be painted, but for your listening pleasure. Head phones and volume up or your wasting your time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts