Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of ideas for black 8" apes (or mini apes I guess). I really like the look of the Todd's Strip Bars but they only have a 10" at lowest the fit RGC.

Oh ya the "Why" I do not ride as a "typical" biker, I ride with a very aggressive postion on the bike slouched forward, elbows bent and my eyes are directly above an 8"klockwerks if you looked at me from the side my body forms a letter "C", feet stretched forward, butt in the seat and hands close to the speakers. At times when I ride longer distances I actually rest on the tank dash. So what I would like to do is get short FAT bars that I can rotate towards the dash. Any ideas??

·
Registered
487 Posts
these are heritage style bars from HD for the FL. the new cvo's use this style in black. not sure of the exact measurement but theyre around 8".

·
Registered
158 Posts
I had Wild 1 Chubby 513's (8" mini apes) on my 2002. Loved them and they looked fantastic.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions, the problem is that both those bars have pullback and with my riding style my hands would be back against my shoulders. I need a bar that is almost straight out right in front of speakers.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Why not just get some "drag bars" on a set of risers or a set of "T style riser bars" like they run on Dynas and Fatboys. Those would give you the hand position your looking for I would guess. Just an idea.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Why not just get some "drag bars" on a set of risers or a set of "T style riser bars" like they run on Dynas and Fatboys. Those would give you the hand position your looking for I would guess. Just an idea.
How do you put a set of risers on a FLTR with all the plastic bits covering the OEM mechanism?

·
Registered
572 Posts
How do you put a set of risers on a FLTR with all the plastic bits covering the OEM mechanism?
Well that is a good point, but if that would work for the guy I am sure where there is a will there is a way to modify the plastic and still make it look good. If that is what I was looking to do to make my bike comfy I sure wouldn't be afraid to try at least.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Redneck - those do look like the angle I am looking for!

Do you guys know of anyone using an SG bend on an RG? Seems the bend would move my hands closer to fairing???????

1 - 12 of 12 Posts