Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a million other threads with pics of the klock werks flare. I just wanted to post a quick write up because I don't think the 8" KW gets enough love...

To start, I like some wind in my face so I understand this shield isn't for everyone. I used the stock toenail windshield for an entire season and didn't mind it too much. I wanted to keep a similar look and go to the KW because I think it complements the shape of the fairing really well. Based on previous reviews and the number of people trading their 8" KW for something larger, i had very low expectations.

That said... I am impressed! The wind protections is noticeably better than the stock custom shield. I still get air in my face but seems less turbulent. I'm 6'3" and my seat is down and back a bit and I feel I have a nice pocket of wind protections. I just noticed the 8" gets dogged a little on here and just wanted to give it a shout out. I'm very pleased so far.

That's all I got.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Have had Roadglide since 2006. I just bought my first Klock Werks 8" . Haven't had a chance to ride yet. I'm 6'4" so I know what ya mean. I'm not running a 16" windshield.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I love mine, and I'm also 6'4!

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Glad to hear. I have a 12", I took it off shortly after getting my bike and put the toe nail back on and rode it that way till fall and put the 12" back on. I have the 8" in the box ready to go on as soon as I get my bike out of storage. Can't wait to try it, best looking in my opinion. I to like some wind, I am 6' and have a new Danny Gray seat to put on and try out as well. Can't wait!

Nice looking bike!!

·
Registered
195 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Ditto on the KW. I dig my flare too. Those Carlini's really set the look off on your ride. Nice job!

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
158 Posts
Ditto on the KW. I dig my flare too. Those Carlini's really set the look off on your ride. Nice job!

X2 bike looks great

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just put mine on at the end of Feb and I live up next to Canada in upstate NY and ride year round...roads permitting and temps usually anything over 25 with dry roads. I'm 5'8 so I noticed a significant difference and love the looks of the KW on my RG, great fit!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Loved the look on mine but at 6'6'' I couldn't breath above 60 mph.....shook me like a bobble head , my neck was soare in no time

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Nice to hear you taller guys like your 8" Flare too!
Im 5'6" and absolutely love my 8" Flare, especially when comparing it to the stock toenail shield.
I have a 10" windvest for long hauls, and could probably use a little taller one for better protection for me and the OL, but for the most part, the Flare stays on all the time, because i love everything about it!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Loved the look on mine but at 6'6'' I couldn't breath above 60 mph.....shook me like a bobble head , my neck was soare in no time
I was thinking that had to be the case unless the shape of the KW does something truly magical. I am 6'5 and the stock one was worse than my old fatbob with no fairing/no shield, and my passenger had it even worse than me. I am sure another couple inches help over the stock toe nail and the flare shape of the shield too. Also if you seat moves you down, thats same as adding that many inches to top of your shield. I love the look of the KW shields, makes me wish I wasn't so tall. I could get by with a 14" for most riding but on colder days/nights and long trips I decided the 16" took all the dirty air away. I still get "air in my face" but its not buffeting that cranks my neck, thank god. Maybe if I lived in Florida or Arizona when its 110 in July I wouldnt mind riding with the stock shield.

Looks great on your bike, also, LOVE THE BARS!

·
Registered
324 Posts
i am 5'9" and i love my 8" shield, i like the way it looks on the bike and deff gives it a great look, but deff if i was going to do a long haul i would want alittle taller sheild.

·
Registered
32 Posts
His from Canada
I have had my eye on the 8 " KW glad you posted this as I have been on the fence on purchase. What seat is on your Glide, NICE Bike
Bruce HD2013glide

·
Registered
92 Posts
kw

im 6'4 and i just put a 8 inch kw flare on and love it ... kinda the same i like a lil wind on me... and i have cruised at 90 plus and no problems with wint.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Like my KW 8" as well. People say you get wind buffering but they are motor cycles not minivans. My previous bike was a pro street with no wind screen and I rode the shit out of that thing. Now having a RG with a fairing and 8" KW is right in my wheel house.

·
Registered
815 Posts
i like my KW 8" as well. Definately cleans up the air flow compared to the stocker.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

[/URL][/IMG]
Thanks G$. Just trying to lead by your example! :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts